Vote of no confidence threshold has been reached

So, it’s happening at last.

1 Like

Yes, well done to those who’ve put in letters, either from a genuine sense of shame and integrity or because they’re scared of losing their seat

Too many Johnson lovers and people on his team for him to lose, I think, and unfortunately he’ll be immune from another one for 12 months :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But hopefully it will get through that massive ego a bit and hurt and he’ll have to resign soon

It’s a start

1 Like

I can’t see him resigning, even if he survives this. As one Tory MP put it this morning, when a scandal is in the news for 6 weeks, it always ends in resignation; this has been going on for 6 months.

He’s not even hanging on by his fingernails. Despite everything, he is still very firmly entrenched. I honestly don’t know how he does it.

1 Like

I think it’s his massive ego and over confidence and lack of scruples :rofl:

Confidence is a good thing in a competent leader but dangerous in a bungling idiot

He’s very good at playing people because he has shame or integrity so no problem with lying to them or making promises he can’t keep.

Brexit and having your cake and eat it, levelling up …

All lies and false promises he had no intention of keeping but he’s a good enough snake-oil salesman to con the voters

Plus people don’t like to admit they’ve been wrong or fooled.

And he’s good at dumbing down and pretending he’s one of the people with fake bonhomie that’s both nauseating and patronising but seems to work with some

1 Like

If he survives and depending on the support it’ll only make him stronger, the rebels ought be careful for what they wish for, still something to be going on with now the glad ragging is over.

2 Likes

Oh yes! We can only hope that more and more people will be seeing through this smoke and mirrors act of his.

2 Likes

Well, Carrie obviously can’t bear to look at him!

Excellent hat choice to screen him from view :rofl:image

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

All l can think of if he loses… will the new Prime Minister in No 10, keep that £840 a roll, gold wallpaper on the walls, or tear it down?

2 Likes

I have been wondering about the wallpaper Art,
…at that price BJ may steam it off and take it with him .
Any future PM with taste wouldn’t want anything so tasteless so it would probably be destined to come off anyway …

2 Likes

Does it really matter who the next PM may or may not be? I’ve been around long enough to realise they are all tarred with the same brush. They will all say what they think you want to hear but do they deliver? I think not.

2 Likes

It matters very much that THIS PM is given The Bums Rush at the earliest possible convenience and that so are the whole Front Bench.

Meg, Ha! That’s so funny!
Out of everything that’s going on in the government, one of our first thoughts was about the future of the gold wallpaper!

2 Likes

Apparently it’s already falling off!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/19/boris-johnsons-840-a-roll-downing-street-wallpaper-falling-down-14605970/amp/

Probably from being splashed with champagne and pee at all those parties :rofl:

I suppose if someone with taste moves in they’ll want to get rid :thinking:

2 Likes

Couldn’t the wallpaper be melted down to get the gold out of it? :laughing: Gold might be at a good price at the moment.

2 Likes

Tear the whole place down and start over.

1 Like

I’ll have a word in the shell like of my mate Putin on the style. I’m sure a strategic grenade in the right place…

Be careful what you wish for, don’t poke the bear .

1 Like

Well that’s precisely what America has been doing ably assisted by the fat oaf Bunter.

They get rid of him it’ll still be the same old. If Stamer has some bad news to bury, now would be a good time.