Vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson - Tory rebels wait for Boris Johnson to ‘blow himself up’

And your point is?

The Mail is right wing. The Guardian is left wing.

Google is a search engine, so shouldn’t be either left or right wing, it should just give results without any bias.

I don’t believe the Daily Mail - its’ results are not credible.

A spokesperson for Google said: ‘The Daily Mail’s claims are completely inaccurate. Distorting results in the way they suggest would harm our business and is fundamentally not how Search works. Numerous independent studies including by Stanford and The Economist have demonstrated there is no political bias in Search and News results; as the Economist concluded: ‘Google rewards reputable reporting, not left-wing politics’.’

That is not correct.
The Party Leaders are chosen by the Party Members.
The General Public in General Elections vote for a local Member of Parliament to represent them in their local constituency.
In every General Election I have ever voted, I have been asked to cast my Vote for a Person to represent me in my constituency and I have never been asked to vote for which Party I want to Govern us or to vote for a Prime Minister to lead the Government.
I do not vote for a Party and I do not select or vote for the Party Leader.

Yup I saw that, but I also saw this before that:

‘I have raised the issue of bias and algorithms distorting democratic content and opinion with Google,’ she added. ‘They have promised to revert to me with evidence that this is not the case which I have yet to receive.

What you have pasted isn’t evidence.

And I’ve just googled ‘Boris Johnson’ and this is what’s come up. The most prominent one is from The Guardian, saying Brady won’t rule out another vote of no confidence. Then below that is the i, Tory rebels in plot to oust Johnson. Then below that another one from the Guardian Boris to be forced out by autumn.

I’d have thought this should be the top search:

This is the google search:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=boris+johnson&sxsrf=ALiCzsaf2Yy5t20-3PaGLqnkTAS37tGapA%3A1654887752278&source=hp&ei=SJWjYvK3DprcgQbVjL6QBQ&iflsig=AJiK0e8AAAAAYqOjWLPfNtcJtykNud_mvSyHPSOg5dJP&oq=&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYBzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJ1AAWABg1SBoAXAAeACAAQCIAQCSAQCYAQCwAQo&sclient=gws-wiz

True. I have read many criticisms that the Conservative party is now virtually another Liberal party.
It has grown that way, bit by bit, since Margaret Thatcher was stabbed in the back by her ministers.
There is nothing I should like more than the Conservatives should one day be able to call themselves Conservatives once again. I’m not sure that is likely to happen under Boris.
Time will tell.

1 Like

Isn’t that a quote from Nadine “I Love Boris” Dorries?

Indeed it isn’t … it’s a quote from your Daily Mail article.

Yup she’s the secretary of state for digital, culture, media and sport, so she would be the secretary of state who deals with such things.

Yes I know what it is, it’s what they said about it, they weren’t going to own up to it were they. So I honestly couldn’t see the point of why you pasted it.

So I understand … :face_with_monocle:

JBR I read this article and thought of you and with your way of thinking, Heseltine will win again, read the full article:

And the clever bit is that, like a crab being boiled, we won’t even realise it’s happening to us.

Step one of this plan is for Boris to be so discredited that he has to leave office.

Step two is that he is replaced by a Remainer – ideally Jeremy Hunt before the general election, or Keir Starmer after it.

Step three is that the new Prime Minister will start edging Britain inexorably towards a closer relationship with the EU, perhaps re-joining the single market and the customs union, allowing free movement of people again, and renegotiating the Withdrawal Agreement.

Step 4 is that Britain will apply to re-join the EU, perhaps as in the outer ring of “slow-speed countries”.

Step 5 is that we will re-enter the EU and, this time, the Euro. Lord Adonis is so convinced that Britain will re-join within 10 years that he was prepared to make a bet with me live on LBC Radio earlier this year.

I hate to say this, but his money is looking a lot safer now. Because step one is firmly in progress.

Yes, of course, Boris has made stupid mistakes. Nobody forced him into a room where they sang happy birthday over an uneaten piece of cake. Nobody made him hold a glass of champagne while toasting the departure of a colleague. Nobody insisted he stand up in parliament and deny the rules were broken.

But, by God, the Remain elite has played that misdemeanour for all its worth, with a daily drip-drip of stories from our Brexit-hating broadcasters for a full half year slowly but surely shredding Boris’s reputation, and luring Leavers away from him.

2 Likes

I think you’re more obsessed with Boris than Nadine is.

Obsessed maybe … but I’m not in love with the oaf … :laughing:

She might be his sister, but can assure you when she disagrees with him, she doesn’t hold back. When I heard Nick Ferrari this morning on LBC I thought of you:

As well as deranged she also describes them as ‘bunny boilers’

Wendy, you are quoting the Daily Express! Need I say more?

One minor little point seems to be missing. We had a referendum on whether to leave the EU. Brexit won… democratically.
Surely, whatever new government we end up with cannot unilaterally take us into the EU. They would have to have another referendum to achieve that…
and would lose it!

Hi

It is what it is.

An expression of unease with the way Boris has behaved.

It is not a vote to rejoin the EU.

Sod that for a game of marbles, we stay out.

2 Likes

Obviously she’s deluded and lives in the same privileged and delusional world as all the Johnsons.

We had a referendum to take us into the common market, then looked what happened. I don’t recall any further referendum’s other than the one to take us out of the EU. It will be history repeating itself as more or less that’s said in that article.

Nope.

The General Public vote for a local member of parliament to represent them in their local constituency in local elections.

In a general election you vote for the party. We do not have presidential elections in the UK, although (which is my point) you wouldn’t think so, given the MSM agenda to get rid of Boris Johnson and replace him with a remainer.

In a General Election, the Voter chooses which Candidate they wish to represent them and their constituency in Parliament.
I vote for the Person I think will represent my views best and also take into account their track record, trustworthiness etc
Some voters may choose based solely on the political party the Candidate is affiliated to but not all Voters do that.
I vote for the Person, the individual Candidate, based on everything I know about them; the policies they support play a part in my choice but my Vote is not just based on which Party they support or on who their Party Leader is.