Vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson - Tory rebels wait for Boris Johnson to ‘blow himself up’

She might be his sister, but can assure you when she disagrees with him, she doesn’t hold back. When I heard Nick Ferrari this morning on LBC I thought of you:

As well as deranged she also describes them as ‘bunny boilers’

Wendy, you are quoting the Daily Express! Need I say more?

One minor little point seems to be missing. We had a referendum on whether to leave the EU. Brexit won… democratically.
Surely, whatever new government we end up with cannot unilaterally take us into the EU. They would have to have another referendum to achieve that…
and would lose it!

Hi

It is what it is.

An expression of unease with the way Boris has behaved.

It is not a vote to rejoin the EU.

Sod that for a game of marbles, we stay out.

2 Likes

Obviously she’s deluded and lives in the same privileged and delusional world as all the Johnsons.

We had a referendum to take us into the common market, then looked what happened. I don’t recall any further referendum’s other than the one to take us out of the EU. It will be history repeating itself as more or less that’s said in that article.

Nope.

The General Public vote for a local member of parliament to represent them in their local constituency in local elections.

In a general election you vote for the party. We do not have presidential elections in the UK, although (which is my point) you wouldn’t think so, given the MSM agenda to get rid of Boris Johnson and replace him with a remainer.

In a General Election, the Voter chooses which Candidate they wish to represent them and their constituency in Parliament.
I vote for the Person I think will represent my views best and also take into account their track record, trustworthiness etc
Some voters may choose based solely on the political party the Candidate is affiliated to but not all Voters do that.
I vote for the Person, the individual Candidate, based on everything I know about them; the policies they support play a part in my choice but my Vote is not just based on which Party they support or on who their Party Leader is.

In a general election the voter votes for a party. The Prime Minister is a party leader, not a president.

In a local election the voter votes for a candidate.

My point is that we are becoming more like presidential elections - I think we are both right in a round about way :023:

Not much chance of doing that if a candidate is parachuted into your constituency based on how strong they have voted previously.

1 Like

Having caught up with the various issues, voting in HOC, and news from the Media, I am pretty certain that the basic formula for all the recent decisions has been, and will; continue to be, in line with the voting split on Brexit.

Further to that, I think the engine room of a forum, is similarly structured, and if we could count back through posts, that would become more apparent.

Boris got us out - They must put him in the stocks.

How dare he?

Some say “Get over it!”

Don’t hold your breath!

Proportional Representation is desperately needed.

2 Likes

Does anyone agree that, if Starmer had not consistently hedged his bets over Brexit, and came out supporting Leave, he’d be home & dry by now?
Luckily for the Tories, he hasn’t played that card!

Yet!

It’s more than just BREXIT though. Most, not all but most of the opposition Front Bench are as bad as all of the government Front Bench.

I agree.
Many disagree on the grounds that without a clear one-party lead in the Commons nothing will ever be agreed.
On the other hand, even now with a clear one-party lead, nothing is still ever agreed, but that is probably thanks to our not having a strong, believable and trusted PM.

1 Like

And considering it’s half term where the party in Government normally tanks in the polls this is incredible:

The Opinium figures, which will raise further concerns within Labour over the party leader’s performance, shows that the prime minister has a two-point lead over his opponent. It also reveals that Starmer’s party holds a narrow two-point lead, compared with a three-point lead in the last poll a fortnight ago. Labour are on 36% of the vote, with the Tories up one point on 34%. The Lib Dems are on 13% with the Greens on 6%.

1 Like

Or a civil service that does not agree .

1 Like

Hi

Unless something is actually illegal, the Civil Service have to do it.

If there is a doubt about the legality of an instruction from a minister the Civil Servant in charge of the department can ask for a Ministerial Direction, which means the Minister carries the can if subsequently the Courts decide the action was illegal.

@swimfeeders, But the civil service were ordered to return to the office,!
They have not done it yet !!
What grounds did they they use to overturn this perfectly legal order ??
Just asking !
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

My bet is that they have a very powerful trade union!

Well, it worked for the miners and seems to be working for the train drivers.

1 Like

If the paperwork never gets out there, how does anyone ever get to know what to do?

Those who think that the CS has no power should ask themselves who is being asked to carry out the tasks and what inclination do they have to make it happen.

No driving licences, no visas for Ukrainees, Passports not ready in time, you name it.

With a totally useless info structure all plans are a dead horse.

Perhaps there are not enough of them…!