Vlog arm for camera

one of my tripods for my camera I scrapped because the windup thread stripped from the centre column.
However I did save to tripod arm thinking I could make some use of it. So this evening I got to work on it. First of all had to remove the clamp but cutting out, then having saved end with the thread on, the other end needed grinding down to the same size. Then hammered the unthreaded end into the handle

this then gave me a home made selfie stick but I thing it now needs a bit of thread removed so the camera faces the right way

if it doesn’t work it was a bit of fun making it anywayj

Just buy a quarter inch wing nut and washer, put them on the thread first then screw on camera, adjust it to the right position and screw the wing nut up to fix it in position. You could use a rubber washer made out of a piece of inner tube to give it some “spring” and protect the base of the camera.

Easy as…

Looking forward to seeing your vlogs

https://www.bunnings.com.au/pinnacle-1-4-stainless-steel-316-wing-nuts-4-pack_p0130523

Bruce
this was made out of scrap so only cost me a bit of time.Maybe just grind tdown the thread a bit if necessary

I got that, I was just suggesting a cheap way to improve it for a few bucks.