Vladimir Putin stands considerable distance from foreign ambassadors 'for sanitary reasons'

At a ceremony in the Kremlin, the Russian president accepted the credentials of the ambassadors, who included Britain’s latest envoy to Russia, Nigel Casey.

The distance between the Russian leader and the ambassadors was reminiscent of the distance between Mr Putin and Emmanuel Macron when the French president travelled to Moscow in February last year.

The two leaders sat at opposite ends of an exceptionally long table and Mr Macron reportedly refused a Russian request to undergo a COVID test in order to stop Moscow from obtaining his DNA.

Paranoid or what … :roll_eyes:

I think he himself has thought for some considerable time that he may be assasinated at any moment by someone either Russian or foreign envoy which is either a truism or just part of his psychotic paranoia now

Vladimir Putin is probably the most well balanced and sane leader in the world.
:+1:
:ru:

It is likely he is sane. He is very focused on winning as much for himself as possible - financial gains and what he sees as reputational gains. He is utterly ruthless and has made sure those within Russia that he does not like are executed. He wants no dissent, no contrary points of view and no opposition (apart from token opposition so he can pretend Russia is any sort of democracy). So that is not any sort of balance at all, is it?

Putin…Outstanding bloke and great leader. A true patriot and looks out for his countrymen.
I believe most of the things the west accuses him of are contrived to cultivate hate and mistrust. How else could the establishment justify the billions of £’s of aid for Ukraine.
Why would he poison someone with a chemical only obtainable by a top of the range VIP?
I’m sure if he wanted to dispose of someone there are much better methods that wouldn’t incriminate him. His attack of Ukraine was provoked by the Americans using secret chemical labs close to his borders…What would we do? What did we do when it was rumoured that Iraq was hoarding weapons of mass destruction? What did the Americans do when Russian missiles were sited in Cuba? And it was found that the west was responsible for the destruction of the Russian pipeline Nord 2. Biden even issued threats to that effect before the event, but still they tried to blame Putin…How many other things have the west lied about?
The west wants to police the world and Putin is the thorn in their side…I admire his spirit, and he can see how society in the west is corrupt…All the things that we accuse him of.

It is rare to see so much hogwash in one post. I congratulate you on your gullibility.
The claims about chemical labs was shown to be empty Russian propaganda ages ago. It never made any sense as the US has lots of their own chemical warfare labs.

Putin has closed any independent media company and controls all the news in Russia.
Putin has had many, many people he dislikes killed.

Putin has been stealing money for decades and he’s probably the world richest person.

Oh, and invading an independent sovereign nation without provocation is wrong. Allowing your troops to commit war crimes is wrong. That is why the west is supporting Ukraine.
Putin is a dictator and a self-serving one (aren’t they all?). How many Russian soldiers have died so far in this failing invasion? Probably about 300,000. That’s a truly caring leader.
I suggest investigating a bit more on Putin’s track record. Start with finding out about the collapse of Yukos oil company and the death of its CEO. Or the causes of the war in Chechnya. There must be some big gaps in your knowledge to reach the conclusions you’ve reached.

1 Like

Isn’t western media wonderful, they could turn the pope into a raving psychopath…
:open_mouth:

So you’re declining the suggestion of gaining more insight into Putin. Makes sense as that shunning info is what has got you to your current thinking. Why change now?

This is interesting.
“The state wants to control the collective memory by presenting Stalin not as a tyrant but as a strong leader.”
“Russia has stepped up repression, particularly of those who criticise the military campaign in Ukraine.”
“The non-governmental organisation, Memorial, which documented both Soviet repressions and human rights abuses in contemporary Russia, was banned in 2021.”

Dictators are all very well if you agree with them but if they do something you don’t like you are stuck with it.

It’s not insight into Putin. It’s western propaganda the same he uses against us…Who do you believe Lincs…Obviously they have succeeded in taking you in. Me? I keep an open mind because I hate being told what to think…

No you do not. You are specifically saying that you are avoiding all available information on Putin and his track record - precisely because you think it will challenge your assumptions and preferences. So not an open mind and happy to adhere to one ill-informed way of thinking.
Have you heard of Anna Politkovskaya? Or Maksim Borodin? Or any of the other 150 Russian journalists killed since Putin rose to power? That is not a made up claim or Western propaganda.
So you go ahead and close your eyes and cover your ears. However with that self-imposed ignorance comes one condition: close your mouth.

1 Like

Never…
:sunglasses:
:ru:

How do you know it wasn’t our own special forces that popped off a few journalists. Have you ever heard of ‘False Flag Events’? Deliberate acts of terrorism or violence in order to make people think in a certain way. Don’t you think we and the Americans are capable of such acts Lincs? You are more naive than I gave you credit for…
Even if Putin did have a hand in having them removed, can you blame him? There used to be a law in this country called ‘Treason’ …Quote:-
What is the definition of treason?

1. : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign’s family. 2. : the betrayal of a trust : treachery.

The penalties were harsh, in most cases execution. In the UK many governments or their leaders have fallen foul of the media and were never heard of again. Putin knows that he can’t be unseated by a foreign power declaring war on Russia, but the media could whip up enough social unrest to see him dismissed. “The pen is mightier than the sword”
We should take a leaf out of his book and do it here. There are limits to what is called ‘Free Speech’ and when those limits are surpassed it becomes ‘Treason’ This country has been ruled by the media for far too long and it’s time they were slapped down…Unfortunately good unbiassed news reporting would suffer also, but it’s the price we have to pay. No news is better than biased agenda based bad news…

Paranoid and isolated certainly. it could also be a double which he undoubtedly uses so a bit of distance would help with the illusion. I don’t think he is irrational his actions make sense from the point of view of a paranoid dictator.

Geopolitically his actions in attacking Ukraine also makes sense ( for Russia) . Russia has a huge boarder and needs to control the choke points. Most of these point are NOT in Russia.

To feel secure in the Russian mind they need the Ukraine, parts of Rumania, Belarus, a good slice of Poland and all the Baltic states.

Our choice is stop them in Ukraine with our money and Ukrainian blood or end up in a war between NATO and Russia. A war between NATO and Russia WILL end up with some sort of nuclear exchange.

I’d rather fork out cash for Ukraine than loose the 100 of thousands possibly millions to in an even limited nuclear exchange.

Let’s leave aside your psycho babble about false flag actions. It would be fun to unpick the rubbish theories of exactly how these would have worked, how they would have been completed, who is falsely flagging what to whom, etc. But life is too short.
So let’s ask about the above statement. You are proposing that executing people who criticise a government or a leader is acceptable and quite normal. You put forward that criticism amounts to treasonous acts. You recommend that for all countries. So according to your thinking any member of the opposition can and should be bumped off as they often criticise the government. Any commentator, observer or journalist who does not completely agree with the government should be bopped off. It is unlikely that you ideas will get much support. Being as they are stupid. But that, no doubt, is how you’ve ended up admiring Putin.

1 Like

Putin has no intention of storming into other countries in my opinion. It’s propaganda put about by the western establishment through the media to justify the alarming amount of money and support Ukraine is receiving. American installations (including chemical weapon labs) located in the Ukraine were threatening Russia, contrary to denials and shouts of ‘Fake News’ by the establishments of the west…They certainly wouldn’t admit to it would they or it would be game over. Had America, the UK and the EU not piled in billions of Euros, Dollars and £’s the conflict would have been over now with infrastructure intact and civilian lives spared, and Zelensky, that great imposter, returned to the stage where he belongs…

Running out of sensible discussion Lincs…?This is not helpful…
I’m at a disadvantage Lincs, because on the internet owned largely by Americas, and a heavily censored MSM (which incidentally you accuse Russia of) I can’t find any good things about Putin, whereas the media is full of anti-Putin propaganda. It wasn’t always like this was it…Only a few years ago the west was warming to Putin, even the BBC were sending journalists into Russia and making documentaries about how life had changed under Putin’s administration. How fickle the media can be…

And alll the dead Ukranians and Russians don’t actually matter then? like all our great grandparents and uncles etc didn’t either in the great wars? - great wars are great heh?? - that’s not you talkin OGF - it just the tick tick tickin of ya faulty pacemaker! - jkeep running mate and stop and talk to the daisies sometimes!

You can’t blame Putin for not wanting to get near foreign Ambassadors, you never know what he might have caught from them. Gawd, he might have been infected with a bit of humanity.

1 Like

And alll the dead Ukranians and Russians don’t actually matter then? like all our great grandparents and uncles etc didn’t either in the great wars? - great wars are great heh?? - that’s not you talkin OGF - it just the tick tick tickin of ya faulty pacemaker!

It seems like the answer is right there in front of you. But keep looking, sorry, I mean keep ignoring.