Virgin Media is getting worse

All these companies are a rip off. They insist on a very expensive phone line rental which nobody needs.

Oh when push comes to shove, they’ll have their work cut out with me.
I assure you, once I decide to leave it will be surprisingly easy whatever they try to say or do.

Does that affect hotmail? I seem to have a hotmail account that is somehow linked to gmail…

So it’s BT then? Thanks PK.

Yes, we Yorkshiremen don’t muck about! :twisted:

BT always seem to leave people without internet for weeks when they first set up the account.

I don’t know about Hotmail. I haven’t heard that it’s linked to Gmail either.

Nevertheless, what I said last about Gmail limitations to 15Gb, please check yourself in case I made a mistake.

It usually takes about 2 weeks anyway? With the last three companies I was with, that’s what it took…Plusnet (do NOT recommend), EE, very good but slow speeds, excellent customer service, and BT.

No. I put my foot down there. I don’t pay extra for their phone line. I use VOIP, but then that’s another £10 a month.

I really must have a word with Marge about changing. That comes to £50 a month.

Last couple of times it was a smooth transfer on the day of the change. No loss of internet. Just a pfaff with the router password etc.

Oh I didn’t know that could be done. Hmm, well when it comes time to change, I’ll be insisting on no gap in my service then! :smiley:

Same here Harbal, it was called ‘The Yorkshire Penny Bank’ when I first joined all those years ago. But you could get a mars bar, a bag of crisps and a Davy Crockett badge for one penny in those days…

That’s why I never change my provider Annie, it’s worth a couple of extra quid to prevent another heart attack. Just for the record JB, I pay about £57 a month for unlimited broadband, phone rental charge, and 700 minutes of free calls to mobiles and other selected numbers.

I pay £10.00 more than that to VM but have a TV package too. I’m about to cancel the TV because I hardly ever use it. That should bring the price down a fair bit. The broadband and landline will stay as it is.

The VM call centre can be a problem but not because of a lack of willingness to help or attitude. I haven’t found that to be as mentioned here. It’s accents I have trouble with. Having got to the department needed on the phone, I have to hand over to Mrs mart who doesn’t have the trouble with accents that I do.

This article gives a guide for how much speed/bandwidth each device needs. I suppose you have to reckon that multiple devices could be in use at the same time.

I hate having to use the telephone mart, for much the same reason as you. I get so annoyed and frustrated keep having to say - Pardon! Sorry! What did you say…:blush: So God only knows how the person on the other end of the phone must feel…:mad2:

I’ve always resisted the urge to subscribe to extra TV providers. I must have seen just about every film that was ever made, and most of the more recent ones are either animated or contain gratuitous violence, both of which I don’t care for. Besides, I’ve got a cupboard full of DVD’s that rarely see the light of day.
I usually fall asleep after my cocoa at 10:00pm anyway…:015:

My internet only provides for this laptop, except when the family visit when there can be four or five thumbing away on their smartphones and tablets using dads/grandads internet. Nice to see them and have a catch up though…:surprised:

Of course.

Wen ah wer a lad in them days, most people barely had a penny to their names. If tha wanted to save up, it’d be a penny at a time.

That’s not cheap. Who are you with?
Ah, Virgin, I presume!

Virgin sodded me off JB because I didn’t have superfast high speed fibre, so I went with BT…Spot on service…:023: Anyway, it’s got ‘British’ in the title so that’s good enough for me…:cool:

I’ve spoken to VM on the phone in the past, but to be honest I’ve found that they don’t know what they’re talking about!

I’ve written to them since. In addition, we both have a record of what has been said!