Videos on How Things Are Made -- Curiosity!

I’m beginning a thread about “How Things Are Made?” Just out of curiosity or interest in how they were made or how any items we can think of, came about.

Please feel free to add items that you’ve found how they were made. Please keep it respectable? And let’s discover how the simplest to the most complicated items came into existence. Let’s discover together and discuss the possibility of amazement of everyday or faraway items were created.

I’ll start with an oldie but a goodie… Chainmail

2 Likes

How to make butter – The Victorian Way

How they made swords in Medieval times

How milk is made

Alfred Nobel and Dynamite

How Horses Were Domesticated

A Day Without Learning Something New Is A Day Wasted!

Watching Merlin Series from the beginning again, found that I needed to learn more about the origins of ALBION.

As usual went to my trusted site WIKIPEDIA and it didn’t disappoint. Wow, interesting article. Here’s the link:

Henry Fourdrinier and paper machines from about 1850. They are still in use today.

1 Like

The Endless Web John Dickinson Co Ltd 1804 1954

Yes, wonderful invention. Thanks for contributing @Besoeker .

An ancestry trick learned from my Father when stuck in the woods without paper to write on BIRCH BARK

Also this article is interesting

I also had the chance of learning how to make vegetable inks and how to use bird feathers to make basic writing pens.

Speaking of Ancestors, just adding this very informative website page for your discovered pleasure!

Speaking of INK, found this video which reminds me of fun weekends with Papa. Making natural inks!

1 Like

Supernatural, thank you. I was involved rather a lot with paper machines. . One was a paper mill in Grimsby. The mill closed and the project got relocated to Taiwan. I was the electrical engineer and went with it to supervise. It was a fairly large and complex machine so I was there for eight months including getting married…

1 Like

How Hypodermic Needles are made

2 Likes

How Needles & Pins are made

1 Like

Yeessshhh! Dislike needles but thanks for contributing.

Cheers @Bretrick

1 Like

You’re welcome. Always wondered how Pins and Needles were made.
The clever people are the ones who design these machines :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi SuperN, I had had my last Covid booster yesterday, No averse reaction.
On things that are made - well a few things for me. One was for The Orient Express. Heating and cooling but is was underneath train and it had to be completely sealed. It was a challenge with resin construction. A wee bit of a challenge.

1 Like