Vauxhall Crossland

I can’t get it until next March, so if you wait that long before ordering it’ll be July /August before you get one, best to go and try both models imo and see what you think is best for you.

1 Like

I agree with Bruce, a bigger engine will do the job with ease, and wear and tare will be at a minimum. When I purchased my 2 litre diesel Nissan Qashqai the bloke wanted to sell me a 1.5 litre one, it seemed to run okay, but on a hill with four people and luggage I doubt it. After over 100,000 miles on the clock she is still as fast off the mark as it was when I drove it off the forecourt. I’m getting over 50 miles to the gallon on the motorways, I still drive long distance whenever the opportunity arises…
:red_car:

Yep! This… :+1:

Don’t know if the guy is biased but he’s worth watching imo.

2 Likes

Yes, quite impressive and I liked the gear sustain when accelerating hard without fiddling with the selector. He drove it without anyway being biased and overall my impression was good :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

The test is with any car, you have to drive one your self and make the decision, trouble is there are so many of an ilk out there it does your head in, I/we choose the Crossland having owned Vauxhalls for at least 20 yrs we know what we get, not every ones cup of tea I know but pays money and takes a choice.

1 Like

Oh yes a test drive is essential, although I won’t be replacing my Pathfinder 4x4. At 78 the very pleasing all rounder will definitely see me through until I am forced to surrender my licence at some time in the future. She is a very low down grunty diesel and I like all the available torque the diesel gives me on command to even pull a disabled truck :+1:

1 Like

Good review…

2 Likes

Hi

What’s the latest on the crossland? I’m thinking of getting one! Couple of years old.

This is my local used car dealer, I think they have seven autos ATM. What do you reckon? Or do you recommend something else?

https://www.cargiant.co.uk/search/vauxhall/all

Don’t know a lot about them d00d, never figured on my radar, they look good though.

Just bought a Citroen C5 Aircross d00d. A bit too all singing and dancing for my liking but you can turn most of it off. Wanted a diesel but Citroen stopped producing the manual diesels in 2021 only automatics now, so I bought a 1.5 diesel in a 2020 model. Plenty of good features that I can use and the turbo assisted engine seems okay. Very comfortable, good for for long distance stuff, like coming up to Yorkshire for a cup of tea with Foxy… :slightly_smiling_face:
Haven’t figured out what all the switches are for yet so I’ll take it out for a long spin tomorrow.
It’s also ULEZ compliant which might suit you d00d…
:sunglasses:

Just googled it, looks nice!

I was just reading about comfortable cars, and and the Citroen C3 grabbed my interest:

Oh I don’t know what to buy; budget £15K~ish … 2,3, 4 years old. Will be the last car I buy.

1 Like

My daughter has been driving a DS3 since 2010 and hasn’t had any serious problems with it so far d00d. She really fancies a C3 because she would like four doors and the DS3 only has two, which was good while her two daughters were growing up, but are now adults. And her old dad isn’t as bendy as he used to be so finds it difficult to struggle in the back. Apparently more bendy than Mrs Fox though who gets to sit in the front.
I really fancied the C3 Aircross myself d00d, and you can pick up a good 3 year old one for about £13000. Depending how good this C5 is, It might be last motor also…

Never heard of a Crossland so looked it up, it is just a rebadged Opel made in Spain and uses the same engine as the Peugeot 2008 and Citroen C3 Aircross.

The motor industry is very incestuous

1 Like

Hi OGF.

I hope your C5 is good for you.

My principal Carer has a Peugeot 3008 diesel automatic , very similar, same range of engines.

It is very spacious and easy to get in and out of it.

Congrats, Bob, on the new car. It seems you didn’t go for an automatic. Is that right? If so, what held you back?

1 Like

I’ve found a nice car, just waiting for some dosh to come through.

VW T-Cross, low mileage, looks a lot of fun.

1 Like

Thanks Dachs, Yes that’s right I managed to get a manual gearbox. Apparently all the Citroen Aircross diesels are now automatics but they were still doing manual until 2020.
I much prefer driving a manual gearbox vehicle…I just like being the driver and not the passenger.

1 Like

Nice motor d00d, is it diesel or petrol? Manual or automatic?

I can’t be bothered with clutch and stick, and my left knee doesn’t like it. Automatic is lot a of fun, especial in Londons stop/start conditions. So Petrol, Auto. :icon_cool:

3 Likes

Time is telling now, loads of trouble!!!