• Puncture Kit
  • Radiator Grille - Chrome Chequered
  • Rear Bumper - Gloss Black Finish
  • Rear Lower Bumper Gloss Black Diffuser Effect Trim
  • Tailgate with Heated Rear Windscreen and Wiper Blade
  • Eco LED Headlights
  • Headlights Left On Audible Warning
  • LED Daytime Running Lights - 3-Claw Headlight with Distinctive Tooth Design
  • Rear Full LED 3D Peugeot Signature Claw Effect Lights with Daylight Function
  • Air Conditioning - Automatic
  • Central Front Armrest with Storage Compartment
  • Dashboard - Front and Rear Door Panel Finish - Carbon Effect
  • Driver Seat Mechanical Height Adjustment
  • Electrochrome Rear View Mirror
  • High Centre Console with 2 Cup Holders
  • Leather Steering Wheel
  • Map Pockets on Front Seat Backs
  • Push Button Start
  • Electric Power Steering with Reach and Rake Adjustable Steering Column
  • ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distributor EBD and Emergency Brake Assist EBA
  • Active Safety Brake - Pedestrians
  • Airbags - Adaptive Driver and Front Passenger
  • Airbags - Curtain Front and Rear
  • Airbags - Driver and Front Passenger Side
  • Alarm - Thatcham Category 1 Approved
  • Automatic Door Locking When Moving Off
  • Automatic Hazard Light Activation Upon Heavy Brake Application
  • Child Locking Functionality on Rear Doors
  • Deadlocking
  • Electric Parking Brake
  • Electronic Code Immobiliser
  • ESP - Electronic Stability Programme with Hill Start Assist
  • Front Three-Point Retractable Seatbelts with Force Limiters
  • ISOFIX Child Seat Fittings - x2 - Second Row
  • Lane Keeping Assist
  • Rear Windscreen Wiper Triggered Automatically in Reverse Gear
  • Seatbelt Unfastened on the Move Audible and Visual Alert for Front and Rear Seats
  • Speed Limit Recognition and Recommendation

and the “Electric Parking Brake” is just a button (not the B button you mention), one push to release it and you can feel it holding you on a hill, touch the accelerator and you are off. When you stop and switch engine off, you don’t touch the button, the bake applies itself.

1 Like

Love the way car manufacturers can make just about any commonplace thing a “feature”.

2 Likes

I have that electric parking brake, too, and have got so used to it that I tend to forget to release it when driving my BH’s car. :grinning: For the automatic I have a mild brake called “Hold” you can use when waiting at traffic lights.
Ah, you have that, too, I just realise.

yeah but gear stick and hand brake look cool

So true. Wheels are not yet included, though.

Very nice d00d, my new motor has got some of the features but not all. The electric hand brake is taking some time to get used to. I keep tugging on Mrs Fox’s leg when I stop…
:open_mouth:
However, the most important thing on a car is the engine, It’s what makes it go! And I see no mention of the engine size or means of propulsion. All the rest is just cosmetic as far as I’m concerned…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

There are three engines for the new 208, all the same CC.

3 cylinder 1.2 turbo, 75bhp, 100bhp, 130bhp. I’ve got the 130bhp

It seem car performance is no longer measured in the size or number of cylinders.

A choice of three gear boxes: 5 speed manual, 6 speed manual, 8 speed auto. I’ve got the 8 speed auto.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

What is it with Europeans and joke engines? My daughter’s motorbike is bigger.

I took a brand new rental car back when I was in the UK because it couldn’t maintain its speed going up hill, turned out all the cars were the same

You tell um Bruce.

Not bad for a 3 pot, 1.2

Just don’t get one secondhand after its been given a good thrashing.

1 Like

I haven’t seen string backed gloves since I was a teenager and I am sure it was a fashion faux pas even then :wink:

Go-fast cloves: an in-joke at AUTO FAST MAGAZINE

Hi all, what is it now some 20 months on, only done 11,000 miles so far, up and down the motorway to Derbyshire now and again, 50mpg, there’s better out there no doubt, but it suits us.

1 Like

According to the radio this morning this is the biggest selling vehicle in Australia and has been for the last seven years. it’s a Toyota HiLux four door ute, 2.8-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder with 6 speed auto.

A “car” makes up only 30% of the new car market with Utes and SUVs making up 70%.

Personally I have something similar but a now 8 year old Isuzu Dmax

I don’t know about Utes but SUVs are hugely popular un the UK, that’s because manufacturers, dealers, journalists & advertisers, call most cars SUVs nowadays. Having said that, the Crossover word is taking over, (why does that always make me think of Crossdresser?)

My motor is classed as a SUV, My reason for buying it was that it’s higher than a car and Mrs Fox and me find difficult to get in and out of a car, a bit too low. We are not as ‘bendy’ as we used to be. I also like to sit higher to view the road ahead and I got used to driving vans and trucks as a courier…
Oh, and I can get my bike in the back and ‘long things’…

I’ve never seen the Evoque and the two Skodas classed as small SUVs but it changes with the cars on offer.

I was about to remark the same as @Dachs. I don’t think any of those so called SUVs have a chassis so can’t really be classified as an SUV, I think you would describe them as hatchbacks here. To be an SUV it needs to be able to cope with rough terrain, those cars are really only suited to bitumen and perhaps a graded dirt road.

1 Like

The car market is way more complex and diversified and car categories also change with region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_classification

No wonder that we may be puzzled as to how a car is classified. Capabilities like a genuine cross-country mobility are not really expected in smaller SUVs and wouldn’t really be used anyway since those cars are more of an urban lifestyle vehicle than off-road cars and pickups. This is exemplified by the under-ride guard which is only a decorative element with small SUVs.