Vaping successes - has it helped you quit smoking?

I’ve smoked some exotic things in my time but never tried a vape. I don’t think they were a round when I quit back in 2001.

1 Like

We vape most of the time but have no intention of giving up the “dreaded weed” as we still smoke a couple of ciggies a day.

Ditto … :wink:

Quitting smoking killed my father, He replaced smoking with eating and little exercise. Died of heart failure, by the time doctors tried a bypass, they found that it wasn’t possible. Make sure if you quit you replace it with something healthy. Personally I vape, just not tobacco. :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Changing over to vaping and smoking 1 or 2 ciggies each/day from smoking 12 or so ciggies each a day saved us so much money that we were able to replace the central heating boilers in our rental and our own apartments within a year of the changeover.

2 Likes

Vaping Is Less Harmful Than Smoking , but It’s Still Not Safe. E-cigarettes heat nicotine (extracted from tobacco), flavorings and other chemicals to create an aerosol that you inhale. Regular tobacco cigarettes contain 7,000 chemicals, many of which are toxic.
you can also quit permanently if you do some sort of exercises with i suggest yoga as it requires the most amount of breathing exercises

1 Like

Hello and welcome manpreetrockerji :039:. My wife and I vape but it hasn’t stopped us from smoking all together. We still enjoy our 2 ciggies/day habit. What it has done is reduce our consumption of cigarettes down from 10 or 12 each/day to just the 2.

you can alternatively check out My Health Calculator for better advice on this topic

I quit many years ago long before vaping came into existence. All that is needs is copious amounts of willpower and iron clad determination.

1 Like

Morty I am pleased to hear that you no longer smoke & I am sure we can find another vice that won’t harm you! :clap:

Smoking leaves residues in your lungs, so coughing more just shows that your body is trying to get rid of them . I know it is irritating but it is helping your lungs. Apparently it can take 10 years to clear the rubbish from your lungs, so I may enter you for the London Marathon in 2030! :rofl:

Morti, l have to say, you are brilliant for giving up the ciggies. I imagine it must be so hard for people to give up.

I remember you used to take a real battering in threads about smoking. I am sure your heart used to sink when a smoking thread appeared!

Rhian, Well done to Danny too.

1 Like

Wasn’t hard at all.
When I had my aneurysm I literally just went off fags like someone had pulled a light switch. I didn’t even want one.
I always felt, and still do, that a different person came home from the hospital than went in it.

I am now mad on chocolate and must have put on a stone since Covid.

And it’s no fun not having a vice.
I have promised myself when I reach retirement age … I shall start smoking again. I want to do something that horrifies people and makes me feel wicked.

1 Like

There’s always sex…
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

My son is called Danny too Rhian and coincidentally he is also using vaping to break the smoking habit…its working for him he says the only time he misses a real cigarette is when he is out with the boys and some of them still smoke…thats more a social thing I suppose.

1 Like

the main con is “popcorn lung”. It’s more prevalent with certain flavours of vaping. I hope they have now removed the toxin from e cigarettes.

1 Like

YOU COULD ALWAYS TAKE UP NAKED CLOG DANCING AGAIN MORTY. :rofl:

1 Like

Just be yourself :sweat_smile::partying_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth:lol

1 Like

Vaping came into being a long, long time after I stopped smoking. As an ex-smoker I can understand how it feels to give up what is a habit, the need for that nicotine is very difficult to stop. I gave up ‘cold turkey’ by giving myself an incentive to stop the 40-60 a day habit, that was to save for a new car. After six years of putting that money aside I was a non-smoker, healthier and had a nice hand-built sports car to prove it. Now, even the smell of cigarette smoke I find awful and unacceptable. I never have and never will smoke again, which is just as well. After a heart attack some 12 years’ ago, the cardiac consultant mentioned that had I continued smoking I probably would not be here today, yet another bonus of giving up!
:grinning:

1 Like

Maybe twink. It wasn’t a put down of anyone.
I’m in my 60’s with poor eyesight and arthritis in my fingers. We could do a comparative chart if you’d like. :thinking:😵‍💫

Can’t say just started vaping nicotine instead of smoking. We’ll see. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: