Van Gogh Starry Night

Poor Vincent so gifted and so troubled .

I hope to be going to see this light show next month in Malaga where it is at the moment .

I have always believed that his painting was his way to express his feelings , rather that cause them! As I walked through the gallery, that displayed many of his paintings, I went through emotions from " oh that is a nice picture" to some that made me think “oh god, how sad he must have been to paint this”.
When an artist can project his feelings, through his art, I see it as a very worthwhile talent…and one that may have helped him deal with his problems, before he felt his only option was suicide!

1 Like

I would love to go to see that exhibition. I hope it comes somewhere near to me.

I think Don Mclean did a good job of describing van-gogh and his feelings when he wrote Vincent.

1 Like

Thanks for that link Aerolor. Ever since I saw the paintings in the Amsterdam gallery, that song brings tears to my eyes…especially when I hear it whilst looking at his art that displayed his feelings!

It does indeed Muddy :slight_smile:

That’s amazing, I would love to visit it too…

This is lovely

@Muddy All I get from that link is

Don’t know where it has gone

2 Likes

Always has been a favorite song of mine. Great video! :grinning:

Me too.

Love the song - can’t stand Matt Smith!

1 Like

When it comes to portrayal
download
Kirk Douglas hands down! IMHO :grinning:

4 Likes

So he did :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Van Gogh - what a remarkable man! It would be a real privilege to see his work!

2 Likes

I would love to see them too.

2 Likes

Definitely!

2 Likes

Not one of his better known but I had big framed print and brought it with me.

1 Like

Love that one and Wheat field with Cypresses

1 Like

I used to spend a lot of time in the Jeu de Paume where all the Impressionists were kept.He’s not strictly one of those I suppose but he does have some impressionistic paintings.

2 Likes