Van Gogh Starry Night

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+amsterdam+starry+night&src=IE11TR&pc=EUPP_LCTE&ru=%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dyoutube%2Bamsterdam%2Bstarry%2Bnight%26form%3DPRLNC1%26src%3DIE11TR%26pc%3DEUPP_LCTE&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=42A861C94A20C5EAFF8842A861C94A20C5EAFF88&FORM=WRVORC

This looks wonderful

Amazing! I would love to visit…VanGogh is a favorite of mine.
Thanks for sharing this.

Wow - would love to go there!

Amazing & beautiful.

I never appreciated Van Gogh’s paintings till I visited a gallery, in Amsterdam, that only showed his work.
The emotions he was feeling, at the time of painting each, were very obvious. What a shame that his talent was only recognized when he was no longer able to enjoy the fruits of his work! :frowning:

That is very true.

Was it worth the mental misery he went through just to paint?
Could anything be worth that?

A lovely post.
Visited Arles a few years ago where Vincent spent son years- No wonder that he painted there - the light was extraordinary

The monastery of Ste, Paul de Mausole in Arles where Vincent sought help.

The cloisters

The garden of Arles Sanitorium where Vincent was sent to after his time of anxiety and madness. Not quite the view from his window but close enough to his painting.

https://i.postimg.cc/gkcfYm0n/The-Garden-of-Arles-Sanitorium.jpg

Poor Vincent so gifted and so troubled .

I hope to be going to see this light show next month in Malaga where it is at the moment .

I have always believed that his painting was his way to express his feelings , rather that cause them! As I walked through the gallery, that displayed many of his paintings, I went through emotions from " oh that is a nice picture" to some that made me think “oh god, how sad he must have been to paint this”.
When an artist can project his feelings, through his art, I see it as a very worthwhile talent…and one that may have helped him deal with his problems, before he felt his only option was suicide!

1 Like

I would love to go to see that exhibition. I hope it comes somewhere near to me.

I think Don Mclean did a good job of describing van-gogh and his feelings when he wrote Vincent.

1 Like

Thanks for that link Aerolor. Ever since I saw the paintings in the Amsterdam gallery, that song brings tears to my eyes…especially when I hear it whilst looking at his art that displayed his feelings!

It does indeed Muddy :slight_smile:

That’s amazing, I would love to visit it too…

This is lovely

@Muddy All I get from that link is

Don’t know where it has gone

2 Likes

Always has been a favorite song of mine. Great video! :grinning:

Me too.

Love the song - can’t stand Matt Smith!

1 Like

When it comes to portrayal
download
Kirk Douglas hands down! IMHO :grinning:

4 Likes