Vaccine booster jabs!

Just received our notification to book our booster jabs!!
Will phone tomorrow !!
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::+1:

Mine are booked for this coming Saturday, Booster and Flu…… :slightly_smiling_face:

@Mags , What! Both together ??
Won’t they cancel each other ?
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

That’s what we have been offered, one in each arm. I have no reservations about having the two vacs at the same time. :slightly_smiling_face:

My booster is booked for Monday, done through the care home where I work, having the flu jab on Sunday too,

The jabs need a trial separation. :grinning: :biking_man:

@Primus1 , Have they changed the booking system for vaccine jabs ??
I answered the phone message l recieved yesterday asking me to book
my booster via the phone number they supplied me, they told me they could
give me two slots at a centre just outside Leicester for tomorrow ??
Trouble is, l live in Melton Mowbray, which has, or had, two centres of its
own when we had our first jabs,and is about 20kms away from the
proposed jab centre ??
Are they using a centralised booking system now , and the operators don’t
know the area they are controlling ?
I have now contacted my GP ,which was what l did with our earlier jabs ?
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

We received our notification by text message from our GP surgery and the vaccination are being given in a local church nearby.

Maybe it’s down to numbers @Donkeyman ?
At the height of the vaccination programme the country was jabbing far, far more people every day than they are now and the people doing the jabbing can’t just sit around all day I wouldn’t have thought.

@Zaphod, l had the same thoughts Zaphod ?
Perhaps my quack will clear the mystery up, l do know l am not travelling
to bloody leicester for a jab !!
They can stick it in somebody else !!
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

I don’t blame you.
When I had my flu jab I asked about Covid jabs because my son will get offered one soon apparently, and he said that the GP’s will be seeing to that here just like they did when I had mine.
Since he gives those too in a clinic he would know, but it might ge different in different areas & we’re pretty rural.

1 Like

Flu jab done a couple of weeks ago.

Received text today re covid, thinking about calling back in a week or two.

Well , we’ve tried our GP now and were told they have nothing to do with the booster
jab now, and the number we contacted earlier is sticking to its story that we have to go
to Escott
near Leicester or the other way to Grantham !?!?
Escott is smaller than Melton so it seems strange that we have to go there for our jabs
when we had a large well organise centre set up on the outskirts of Melton previously !!
It’s also strange that our GP can’t do it when he is currently doing the flu jabs !!
The doctors receptionist did offer to take us herself but donkeylady said no!!
I shall soon be telling them where to stick their jabs !!
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

Mrs d00d & I have both received texts, were told ten days between the flu jab and the c19 booster … we’re now both booked for Sunday AM boosters. :102:

The roll out for the booster jabs seems a little confusing to say the least.
I got one text notifying me of it, but with no name on it, so wasn’t sure if the recipient was me or Mr M and decided it was Mr M.
Mr M went for one on Wednesday just gone … I didn’t bother going.

Besides, I thought it was just for vulnerable people?
Our local chemist is advertising walk-in boosters, for any age, as long as it’s been 6 months since your jabs.

Back home after having both the Booster and Flu vaccs. Went in before our scheduled time, answered a few questions, filled in a form, had Pfizer Booster first and Flu jab straight after in the other arm. Had to sit for 15 minutes before we could leave.

All straight forward.