US: 6 January 2021 riot at the Capitol and 2020 election probe - Latest: Supreme Court declines to fast-track Trump immunity case

I wouldn’t hold your breath. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Hasn’t happened ever before.

2 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:…odds are it won’t happen anytime soon.

2 Likes

Normally you’d think someone would ask him how all the previous presidents managed ?
But he only gives interviews to bootlickers like Fox.So that’s that then.

4 Likes

Errrrm? Richard Nixon

Yes, there was a lot wrong about Nixon and that presidency (with Kissinger) saw a lot of very dubious overseas actions. Pinochet was supported in overthrowing Allende in Argentina. He authorised the bombing in Cambodia. And then of course there was Watergate.
But he did most of the work to take the US out of Vietnam and end conscription. He did start dialogue with China and worked to reduce the US / Russia nuclear arsenal.
However, compared to politicians like Trump, even Watergate, subsequent deleting of tapes and its fall out of trying to blame others was mild and not that exciting. It was certainly no where near the scale or wrongness of Trump’s efforts to change the 2020 election outcome.
So, yes, if Nixon had not been forced out of office and the Watergate scandal had come to light only after his presidency - then he should not have been given immunity from later prosecution. In the same way, for his actions in working against the constitution, Trump should not be given immunity. Nixon never stood again even though Ford (wrongly) pardoned him. Trump should never stand again - but will.

I don’t really know that much about Donald Trump and I guess most people on the forum don’t either, unless you live in America. And what most people do know comes via the MSM.
Most peoples attitude to Trump is because they don’t like the bloke, or you are a woman and have taken exception to certain things he is supposed to have said (by the media of course) not because he has done some good stuff as president. I’m not going to spend the next couple of days researching something I don’t care about, suffice to say it’s out there if you care to look. That’s when it went t$ts up, because as soon as Sleepy Joe became president he, and the democrats, have done everything they could, even using the law to shut him up and prevent him from standing as Potus again, and bear in mind they have complete control of the MSM. And that is the impression that most people get. Every president, Prime Minister or political party never give Joe public everything that they want, so we must accept the one who can deliver the biggest percentage of good stuff, and just the things I read or heard in the news when Trump was president seemed like the things that would be good for the average American…But it is only my opinion and I don’t have a vote, but there are lots of Americans who will vote for him given the chance. Whether Trump is allowed to stand or not will not make an apeth of difference to me and I’ll sleep well however it goes.

They haven’t much of a choice, a would be dictator who wants immunity from all crimes he may commit or a senile old man who doesn’t care how many Palestinians he helps get killed.

1 Like

For me, these are the two sentences that make sense - when put together.
Check out Project 2025 - the plan set out by the right wing Heritage Foundation. Trump aims to take the US out of the IMF, the World Bank and NATO. He also plans to put a 10% tariff on all imports. These sets of actions risk financial instability across the globe, a massive reduction in our exports and a global trade war. He is also handing Ukraine to Putin and that puts other eastern Europe countries at very high risk.
He aims to do all these, and much more, very rapidly. To enable that he is training thousands of supporters to take over the principle administration, legal, policing, military roles. There will be no-one at any level to point out the risks and consequences, or to give a balanced view.
This should give everyone in the world sleepless nights.

1 Like

Good morning Lincs…
From where I’m sitting project 2025 looks good. NATO is biased and countries are losing interest in it, we should come out as well, it’s getting too political and they are using it for their own ends.
The world bank is too global and countries should take care of their own economies on a national level.
10% on imports…Wow, we also should take a leaf out of his book and do the same, we could learn to make our own stuff instead of importing all of the time. Give our people some proper work to do. And before you say it, obviously there will still be a need for importing things, raw materials and the like, but we could make a start. Just think…British Steel, Coal mining, shipbuilding, farming, car production…That’s how you make a country successful, not by buying everything from China and the far east.
Ukraine has always belonged to Russia, let it go. And what makes you think that other european countries are at risk? We are more at risk from China or the massive influx of illegal immigrants. They do outnumber our military you know…
Americans should be proud that somebody patriotic and cares about the American way of life…Good luck to the bloke I say, we need more leaders like him and Putin.

He’s been complaining that Biden has been allowing too many across the border threatening the American way of life.The GOP come with a very good plan which the Dems agree with.But Trump gets his MAGA Reps to stop it.Everyone involved is gobsmacked.Trump didn’t want any good news for Biden.He only cares for himself.

1 Like

Well if that is the sum of your analysis then I’ve nothing more to add.

Have you seen Tucker Carlson’s interview with Putin? Wake up and smell the coffee…
:ru:
I know…It’s off topic…But I couldn’t find the Putin thread…
:disguised_face:

If you didn’t watch the Tucker Carlson Interview, Putin mentioned that American propaganda is the best in the world, they are experts. And discrediting Trump is their latest project…But not for long if Trump gets to be president.

Trump stopped the bill which the Republican party,the one he belongs to, instigated.Lots of them are angry about it.No propaganda involved.

We’ll never agree about Trump :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve watched it.Trump fan boy has friendly chat with Russian dictator.Preparing the way for Trump to dump Ukraine when he’s President.Now this is propaganda.

2 Likes

Not just Ukraine

Irony coming from Trump (in multiple ways). He is notorious for not paying his bills.

1 Like

It seems to me that the thread has been taken off-topic from a judgement of historical events to coverage of current events.

The poster of the thread would prefer that you stay on-topic when posting in this thread.

If you’d like to start a related discussion you can do so easily by clicking on the time-stamp in the top right of any post and then clicking on + New Thread - this will then let you post a new thread and place a link to each from the other, thus making them ‘linked threads’ :023:

Is there a more appropriate thread for the current discussions? I’ve lost track of the Trump threads and which has what discussion. I have no problem starting another thread, but I also don’t want to create a duplicate.

As you know, I have split coverage of all of Trump’s legal issues into separate threads and even posted a thread describing which was which.

This thread is entitled:

US: 6 January 2021 riot at the Capitol and 2020 election probe - Latest: Supreme Court declines to fast-track Trump immunity case

Off-topic:

None of the above posts have anything to do with the thread’s title and its subject matter but, even at a glance, topics for three separate threads are readily identifiable.