Upload to cloud

We’ve recently tidied up and we knew where the VHS tapes of the two daughters were, I’d taped onto to vhs from camcorder tapes many years ago, the wife surfed the web and found a company that will convert the vhs to digital so we can upload to cloud. We sent one off for a sample run , it came back with a link to download a zip file, done that and watch it, proper job, so now we have 10 more to send away, digital converters is the name, I’s recommend them.

3 Likes

Sounds very clever
I still have camcorder mini-tapes… the ones that sat recording inside the camera.
Do they do them too I wonder?

Worth getting in touch .

And their name is the Thread title?

Heres a link, https://www.digitalconverters.co.uk/

Thank you :grin:

1 Like

This is something you can actually do yourself very easily if you have a computer and a VHS player or in the case of Hi8 video tapes use the camera. I transferred all my old family tapes this way, still have the contraption somewhere, it didn’t cost much, it was just a video and stereo RCA inputs, a small black box and a USB connection from memory.

More difficult was old family films because the cost of digitising them was prohibitive, I ended up using a video camera and my projector to transfer my old standard 8mm film into digital film. It is good enough

Mr B has successfully transferred some video tapes to DVDs, using an old TV and a VHS player. Although he’s managed it 2 or 3 times, he struggles each time. It won’t work, then he does something else, messes about with the leads, and then finds it’s working, and hey presto we have some successfully digitised memories.

Trouble is, he never can remember what the winning formula was :102:

1 Like

The old vhs player I had no longer worked, had a look at a couple of boot sales and no one had one, plenty of sky box’s, so the easy route is to send them away, it works .Should add we’ed copied lots of photos previously to dvd’s they’re in the cloud now.