Update on Saucepan Lids!

If anyone is interested - they are brilliant! Made in Germany from glass that is dish washer safe - and edged with silicon. First photo shows top view, Second photo is the inside of the lid and shows the gradients of the silicon. Tested the largest one with my wok - it works beautifully.

Larger lid covers pans 23, 25, & 27cms diameter.
Smaller lid covers pans 16,18, & 20cms diameter.

Certainly a useful addition to my kitchen equipment.

large

large2

3 Likes

I saw these on your good morning post, Tabby, and went to Amazon to have a look! I will get one for my soup pot, because I have to use tin foil at the moment :roll_eyes:

1 Like

LOL … I was expecting to see something children based :grin:

@SilverTabby
What a brilliant idea!

1 Like

They look really great. I’ve got some cast iron skillets that don’t have lids and that should work fine

Thanks for the pictures, I’m going to order some

1 Like

Never tried cooking them! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

@SilverTabby you might find a good recipe in A Modest Proposal by Dean Swift here is an excerpt

“A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter.”

1 Like

Why is it that suddenly all saucepan lids are made of glass? What was wrong with good old durable stainless steel (or even aluminium)?

If you want to see how something is cooking, lift the lid, the glass lids are covered in condensation anyway. I was amazed to discover that there was not a cheap saucepan available without a glass lid.

Daft.

Can’t say I have ever given it much thought, Barry, but now you mention it - most of my collection of ‘Stellar’ saucepans have steel lids - except the steamer sets - both of those have glass ones.

It was only something I noticed a couple of months ago when I was looking for a saucepan to take camping and found that every saucepan and saucepan sets had glass lids in the local department store, it was also true in the supermarkets when I looked there too. I am now looking in the op shops.

I have a steamer and a poacher with a glass lid and I think all rice cookers have glass lids. It just seems to be the way things are now