Upcoming Coronation, Will You Be Watching on Tele or Going Away?

When last in the UK I went to Charlie’s shop near Bath, not only wasn’t he there to serve me but they didn’t have a William and Kate tea cosy.

I was very disappointed in the whole thing, even Prince Leonard of Hutt served me when I bought a stubbie holder and a postcard in his shop so where was Prince Charles you have to ask?

Because of this I shall not be watching his coronation though I expect I will see some of it on the evening news on Sunday.

Nice gift. It’s the thought.

I doubt I’ll be watching any of it. I will probably find something more productive to do.

I will be watching it with my son.
Setting aside the usual controversies I’m a sucker for the spectacle of pomp and pageantry, it’s certainly going to be an occasion and I’m good with that although I won’t be swearing allegiance.

Might even get a bottle of bubbly, any excuse :champagne:

1 Like

I was 15 but we had no electricity on our croft so no TV. I remember the day when our headmaster came into the classroom and told us the King had died.

2 Likes

Blimey!

I remember hearing that the King had died on the radio and the one minute’s silence that followed. I even remember that I was in the kitchen of our house in Cheltenham.

2 Likes

Blimey!

I don’t remember much before going out on the Ale, strange that :icon_wink:

I remember my dad being quite emotional when he told us the King had died
i got a vacination on the day of his funeral which just happened to be my 11th birthday…
I watched the Queens corronation at my aunties, it was the first thing i ever saw on TV.

1 Like

Got to see the last Coronation, on TV. Tiny b&w screen, too many neighbours in the room, we had the only TV in our road then.
Will not bother with this one. TV not on. May catch highlights this evening if I have the news on.

1 Like

I popped home from the caravan weekend to get some bits, and purposely waited for the fish n chip shop to open at 11.30 for some lunch. Therefore, by the time I got back to the caravan site, got the dog settled, and brought stuff in, and got the telly on, it was well under way. Think I missed the actual crowning.

1 Like

We’ll at risk of being perceived contrary we’re enjoying the spectacle. The parade was magnificent and the mass pipes and drums are playing as I type… sound bar is turned up.

2 Likes

The historical value was amazing. The carriage, the pomp and circumstances but we’ve to remember the people who should have been there. That’s sad!

If you want a Free PDF of the Coronation Service in Westminster Abbey, click here:

i was sad the Pipes and Drums were missing from the parade, but then there they were in the back garden.
can anyone tell me who was the blonde lady who was the sword bearer in the Abbey?, she was very nicely turned out, and stood out for me.

1 Like

You have a good heart! :heart:

1 Like

No idea! Daughter and I were wondering the same as to whom she was. Yet to find.

Probably she’ll be named in the order of service I’d downloaded earlier and available from the link above. Cheers!

Penny Mordaunt

2 Likes

I flicked over to the coronation a couple of times (remember it was evening here) but didn’t see much of interest. Just the usual boring C of E hymns (god they are dull), Charlie looking older than Jo Biden

That was about it, I expect they will have the highlights on this evening’s news. Actually I turned on the TV for the 7pm news and they had the live pictures of people entering the Abbey and I thought for one horrible moment they weren’t going to have the news but fortunately they did.

I did see Sam Kerr (the soccer player) carrying the Aussie flag leading the GG and the PM into the abbey, I thought she looked very smart in her suit.

1 Like

Thanks @Ian_Haines !