Upcoming Coronation, Will You Be Watching on Tele or Going Away?

Hello all, I missed Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second’s coronation but heard many details from relatives.

Therefore, I’ve just gone in my Sky box to set to record the main events on BBC. Daughter and I will be watching, as it’s a once in a lifetime (although we might see two in ours due to Charles age) event of wonderful pageantry.

So, questions

1. Will you be watching from home?
  2. Will you travel down to London for the occasion?
  3. Will you jet off for a vacay away from it all?
  4. Prefer not to answer!

4 I prefer not to answer…oops

I won’t be watching it if the sun’s out…
:sun_with_face:
:sunglasses:

Same here, I will be keeping the Wolves from the door probably :grin:

1 Like

There’ll probably be live TV coverage all day long as was the case with similar events but I’ll make do with a 45’ special in the evening.

1 Like

Think I’ll paint a wall and enjoy watching it dry.

2 Likes

I wll be watching it all and soaking it up . Ive been to Buckingham Palace , and also seen the Gold Coach , both Magnificant .
7,000 Marching Troups with Bands and Horse Guards will be a spectacular show .
I was born the year of the Queens Coronation so it will be my 2nd ive lived through .
I hope the Music will do it justice .
Theres Red White and Blue bunting on my Road, wish I had got some to put up …

1 Like

As far as I know only ABC News channel is showing it, I doubt I will watch. The broadcast starts about 5pm AEST. with the actual coronation about 8pm. To be honest I have only seen one promo for it.

1. I prefer not to watch! I have a low boredom theshold!
2 Likes

I was born 7 years later dear @Eliza. Always been a Royalist. However, followed Diana and Charles and I’m of the generation which agrees that what he did to her was horrible.

The ones in agreement with me, will definitely not accept Camilla and frankly I agree. Diana just became a brood mare and then things got so bad that no more spares could be had.

So so sad… Things could have been so different, future wise. Many in my entourage are wishing Prince William would have succeeded Her Majesty The Queen.

After his coronation, I’ll change channel until the procession but it’s historical and I love history.

Looking forward to see the Paiges as Prince George will be there and obviously The new Princess of Wales, our beloved Kate and Princess Charlotte and hopefully, wee Prince Louis.

Sad that Sarah, Duchess of York and Megan, Duchess of Sussex (although she may not have the title no longer) and won’t get to see their new munchkins.

I’d say more about Megan’s situation but no, better to keep quiet. Rather be safe…Cheers!

I won’t deliberately watch it but it’s going to on the news etc all day so bound to end up seeing most of it

I’m a Republican, I think it’s wrong that our head of state is hereditary, not elected

But for all I do like the traditions and ceremony and hope those who enjoy it have a good day

I’ve mellowed a lot since the Silver Jubilee when we sat outside the Bull and Bush in Hampstead wearing Stuff the Jubilee! badges and taking in all comers! I was just 20….

What I do when I know there is going to be repetitive, blanket coverage of something like this and I want a change and to here the real news is to switch to a news broadcast from another country

May 6th at around 11, I’ll be on my way to be with my wife in hospital so that I am there for when her lunch arrives, and I will stay until she has finished because I know she will eat if I’m there hovering by her side. Then I will read to her for an hour or so before returning home.

3 Likes

I don’t like the guy who is a cheater to his wife. He is a disgrace as the head of the UK, his morale standards don’t exist let alone being head of the church and who can’t even keep his wedding vows, he needs a good kicking in the nuts

6 Likes

Although I’ve put a new flag up…

Hi

I am not a Republican, however I have no time for Charles, who I consider to be petulant and arrogant.

3 Likes

We had intended to go out for the day somewhere for a nice quiet walk and then a picnic lunch, but then discovered my Mum was going to be on her own. She only has a small TV, so we have invited her around here to watch it with us. We will make a bit of a fuss about it for her sake and we will give her a nice lunch and a glass of fizz to celebrate.

She was 24 years old at the last coronation and most of the street watched it whilst gathered round a neighbour’s 12" TV set, so this one will be somewhat easier to see …

2 Likes

It is not going to change anything i do in life,so why would i bother.

When last in the UK I went to Charlie’s shop near Bath, not only wasn’t he there to serve me but they didn’t have a William and Kate tea cosy.

I was very disappointed in the whole thing, even Prince Leonard of Hutt served me when I bought a stubbie holder and a postcard in his shop so where was Prince Charles you have to ask?

Because of this I shall not be watching his coronation though I expect I will see some of it on the evening news on Sunday.

Nice gift. It’s the thought.

I doubt I’ll be watching any of it. I will probably find something more productive to do.