Unnamed bank account closure

However, Journalist and former Conservative MP Toby Young, from the Free Speech Union, described banks closing accounts as “chilling”, “sinister” and “like something from communist China”.

China, no surprise, one of the leaders.

The problem with cashless society is that it is a surveillance society. :worried:very :worried:

Erosion of easy means for vulnerable people to access accounts.

1 Like

However, Journalist and former Conservative MP Toby Young, from the Free Speech Union, described banks closing accounts as “chilling”, “sinister” and “like something from communist China”.

China, no surprise, one of the leaders.

The problem with cashless society is that it is a surveillance society. :worried:very :worried:

Erosion of easy means for vulnerable people to access accounts.

Been following this for a few days.

What a strange business this was?

So now it turns out Coutts closed his account because he doesn’t have enough money in their bank to meet the requirements of the account, and he admits it’s true, he doesn’t but claims he didn’t know he had to

So was all the stuff about Brexit and Woke just his usual lies, flim flam and snake oil salesman stuff?

I think yes, it was.

I think he was miffed because they chucked him out and because he belongs the the Boris Johnson school of thought that he’s so special the rules don’t apply to him, so he decided to get some revenge and publicity by invoking woke and Brexit

Coutts did offer him a personal account, they say from the start, he says only last week when he publicised the story?

And these other accounts he’s applying for and getting rejected ( according to him and I don’t believe a word he says without evidence)

He’s asking for personal AND business accounts. I’m sure he could get personal accounts, it’s the business ones, if it’s true, that might cause a problem

So all that whining and trying to identify with people who genuinely suffer social exclusion because they can’t get a bank account because they are poor, have no fixed address etc is just exploitative nonsense

There is absolutely no evidence that anti Brexit or woke are behind his banking problems

1 Like