Ukraine War volunteers

I was watching GMTV this morning and they were talking about how many volunteers from Britain are gong to fight for the Ukranians.

Why do you think untrained men/boys want to go fight for Ukraine when they have nothing to do with Ukraine. Would you put your life on the line for a country that you’ve never ever had a thought for before this war.

Of course some of the lads going from Britain are from Ukraine and moved to Britain, I get that but the others?

Someone mentioned that some get carried away with the excitement of it all, being able to hold a gun and kill someone without repercussions could be the reason some are doing it.

I find it odd that so many of our own men are volunteering for this.

I’d be terrified if my lad went out there into the line of fire.

I’ve never known a war where so many Brits feel they want to go fight for the Ukrainians. I don’t remember all this over Syria or Iraq and other war torn countries.

I guess some are so incensed by tyrant Putin’s actions, they felt the need to assist.

2 Likes

They will be court marshalled if they are found to be British Soldiers.

And they also want to try their hand at the real thing after playing computer games LongDriver.
Life can be so boring for some young lads just having social media for company.

1 Like

I think there is an element of being naive and just wanting to have a gun and shoot people. Be a hero. Sadly, some young men are always drawn to that.

And there’s sense of outrage at what Putins doing and wanting to fight for what is right

And the Ukrainians are more like us than the people of Syria or Iraq, and living closer, so it’s easier to identify with them

But what concerns me is the comparison with the Spanish civil war. Many Brits felt compelled to go and join the fight against fascism as a matter of principle. And that was a precursor of the Second World War.

1 Like

If anyone here want to sign up. :rofl: :rofl:

I am afraid as much as these ‘rogue’ soldiers feel that they are helping the cause, they are in fact antagonising it.
Putin, could use the excuse that the British army are now joining in the war and could retaliate and escalate the situation.

It’s best for the ‘AWOL Rogues’ to keep out of it and leave the military experts to deal with it.

3 Likes

a volunteer was being interviwed on tv , he was a builder from Leicester late 30s , he was in the training building when it was hit by a missile , he said the air raid siren went off and then within a minute the missle hit .
He said he jumped out of bed , grabbed his boots and ran , the interview was on the polish borrder so
he ran a long way to get away .
He was asked if he was scared , after some hesitation he said yes , Pertified …I dont think he was expecting to be in the middle of it all .

Arty, the impression were being given is that he’s making up his own pretend fairy tales to justify his actions, so I don’t think he actually needs anything based on fact to use as a reason.

He might look at a rerun of Crufts on catchup and use the fact that one of the owners persuaded their dog to look at him in a funny way down the TV camera as an excuse to kick off somewhere else.

Melgal, l must say… you are a very clever woman. The war cabinet could do with women of your calibre!
Have you ever been approached by MI6?

1 Like

No, but I was once chased down the M6 in a fit of road rage if that counts.

1 Like