Ukraine charity concert 29th March

This is such an emotional video. It had me in tears. I shall definitely be watching this concert on Tuesday.

3 Likes

@Bathsheba I can’t view the video for some reason. :slightly_frowning_face:

Oh I wonder why not? Can you see the still image of it? Or just nothing at all?

It opens for a second, then closes…

1 Like

What courageous men. I hope I get to see these musicians play. It would be an honour.

1 Like

Maybe this will work @Mags

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Bratti, I was able see that perfectly. :grinning:

The Ukrainians are so courageous, I will definitely watch the concert next week.

3 Likes

Such handsome lovely young men , all so brave. I will watch .

1 Like

Thanks @Bratti - I thought the link was working, but I can see now that it starts and then stops. No idea why! Only thing I can think of is that I copied it from Facebook, but I didn’t realise that it was actually linking back to that site, oops.

1 Like

Oddly enough, the link worked for me.
I’m very impressed that Ed Sheeran is joining. I hope that brings more viewers as well as possible protection. I really hope I can get to see this.

I hope the Ukrainians keep shining their loving, loyalty for their country and have the support of the entire world. This war is so incredibly sad.

1 Like

They are a strong people, so determined and resolute. This war is so wrong. I don’t think the world has seen such evil in a country’s leader since Hitler. Putin will go down in history for all the wrong reasons.

1 Like

Wow, they are so brave and determined. Big thanks for sharing that, I’ll be supporting

2 Likes

Well it turns out they’re not being allowed to play by live link at the concert. Something about it focussing on ‘humanitarian’ issues, not political or military. Whilst I kind of understand that, isn’t it fair to say that the humanitarian issues are entirely caused by political and military issues? And the band, Antytila, aren’t actually the military, they are a band of musicians, who have been conscripted to take up arms to defend their country. They are musicians first and soldiers second.

1 Like

That’s a real shame. I would have thought that music would have raised morale which IS a humanitarian right. Doing the right thing isn’t always the easiest.

Maybe the military doesn’t want their soldiers looking anything less than brutal.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that too .

2 Likes

It’s the show organisers who have made the decision - I don’t think the Ukrainian military have had any input into it.

1 Like

I assume it’s not going to be broadcast in Russia.

1 Like