UK should go into lockdown BEFORE Christmas or it will be 'too late'

The UK has reported 90,418 new Covid-19 cases, and 125 deaths, marking a slight decrease from yesterday’s reported figures which saw a record-breaking 93,045 cases and 111 deaths.

A leading government adviser has warned a circuit-breaker lockdown may be needed before Christmas to stop the spread of the Omicron variant of coronavirus.

Stephen Reicher, professor of social psychology at the University of St Andrews and member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), said it was clear Plan B measures alone would not be enough to stop the spiralling numbers of cases.

Prof Reicher, who was speaking to Times Radio in a personal capacity, said the time to act was now.

It comes amid reports officials have been drawing up draft plans for a two-week circuit-breaker lockdown after Christmas.

The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has declared a major incident after the capital recorded 26,000 new Covid cases - the largest daily rise since the pandemic began.

Blimey … :astonished:

Hi

Nice to see you posting again regularly.

Boris can do what he wants, Chequers is huge.

Belated Birthday Greetings for Thursday! :grapes::birthday:

It’s too late .
He will lockdown if at all after Christmas .

Too late now for lockdowns…The genie is out of the bottle, lets all pour ourselves a drink and forget all about this unsavoury part of our lives…Happy Christmas everyone…Hic!
:tumbler_glass:

1 Like

I certainly won’t!

1 Like

Lockdown? Lockdown? What lockdown?

Well he did throw in the towel earlier this week by taking off the 11 Red Zone countries. I think he’s done, to be honest. He wants out but is too afraid to say so.

3 Likes

OGF,

Is that glass half empty, or half full!

1 Like

Idiot speak! Utter Rubbish!

Neither have I come out of lock down, grocery shopping yes, but not been to anything else for months. It wouldn’t be any different for me either.

3 Likes

Only those who have had their sense of humour removed would not understand.

1 Like

Exactly the same argument going on in NSW

Looks like we are all going back to square one

I was of course, referring to the “Control over the masses” etc rather than the brain dead ridiculous sheep dog trials!

Always half full with me Ted…
Unless I’ve supped it…
:crazy_face:

1 Like

Yep, always half full cause I’ve downed the top half.

2 Likes

Cheers caricature and Happy Christmas…
:beer:

shush everyone!!!..no Christmas lockdown allowed …fingers crossed.

To you as well, take care.

1 Like

I use a straw so that I can just drink the bottom half!

Then nobody knows I’ve done it!

:tumbler_glass:

4 Likes