Uk in Recession

Gold is going to be king.

Why not Aerolor?
Yhey still have their credit cards dont they?
Nothing will change for them!
All ready impatient to start again from what lve seen

Donkeyman!

Our manufacturing was destroyed by Maggie as you say Aerolor!
But also by militant unions and business owners who were unwilling
to reinvest in their businesses due to the fact that more money could
be made from stocks and shares, and more easily?
Hence the big british sell off !!
The primary reason for this was of course the militant unions !!

Donkeyman!

:023: It makes you wonder whether they ought to have simply let the NHS run hot … stick to social distancing and advised the elderly and vulnerable to self isolate.

The cost of averting a corona disaster is proving more damaging than the virus itself.

Looks possible Todger!
Its allready at record levels, but l expect some fluctuations as
investors take some profit occasionally?
Could be good for a small investment l think?

Donkeyman!

I agree.

Two things are needed:

We need investment in manufacturing industries, just as we used to have before the EU moved them all to East Europe. This will also be to our advantage as more and more people are preferring to avoid buying Chinese-made goods and those made in the EU. I think that many, if not most people would buy British-made goods again even if they cost a little more.

The other need is for training. We could immediately ditch most of our third-rate ‘universities’ which teach ‘mickey mouse degrees’ and replace them with the equivalent of the old technical colleges training engineering and similar skills.

:023:

When you see people blaming Maggie and failing to even mention the unions, it is clear where their loyalties lie! :lol:

It’s all just a load of numbers. I have seen recessions come and go but nothing really changes. I think we have more pressing problems to deal with.

'Ware Stagflation. With horribly distorted world markets especially the essentials that the UK needs Stagflation could very easily break out. That along with the perilous state of UK society could very easily put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Yes JBR,I was never really a union member but l saw the lengths that
unions would go to , to force workers to join them with their closed
shop policies etc, etc! When they tried to shut down all industries
by creating power shortages by bringing the miners out on strike
it was the end for me, and l emigrated to escape what l could see
was coming??
I have now been back about 4 yrs now and l dont recognise the
place or the people l left,
The changes are NOT for the better l might add!!

Donkeyman!

Buy now before prices go up and businesses fold.

Buy what?

Two posts of the day as far as I’m concerned.
Only today the BBC reported that at least over 5000 people’s deaths were wrongly attributed to Covid…

The media has blown Covid out of all proportion and frightened people to death. It has been recognised right from the start that the older generation would bear the brunt of this virus and should therefore have been protected while the younger end of society could have been allowed to carry on as usual and keep the economy ticking over. Saving lives and maintaining a healthy economy are equally as important because reducing people into poverty would still produce the same loss of life as the virus. Perhaps even a greater loss of life as we might be going to find out.

As you say OGF, themedia as usual have blown covid out or all
proportion!
I have not seen anybody dropping dead in the streets nor do l know
of one person i my neighbourhood that has had covid let alone have
died from covid??
Obviously this does not mean covid does not exist, only that we
have misjudged its effects on the general populace!!
Also our methods of keeping records of cases leaves a lot to be
desired, god knows how our banks operate??

Donkeyman!

Anything and everything you might want to buy later. Not gold though. That’s probably at an artificial high right now.

They haven’t. It really is a very nasty disease. They have even found it can cross the blood-brain barrier. We don’t know the long term effects of contraction.

That is all possibilities Annie,
Imo we should base our actions on evidence?
Which so far points to actual fatalities being quite low if based on
total population figures and as l stated earlier are almost totally
restricted to the over seventies!!

Donkeyman!

TOILET ROLLS ??
I would agree with your not now statement Annie, but soon,
There are signs of ptofit taking so waitntill it drops and then buy,
Then wait for the next rise, etc, etc

Donkeyman!

Nothing new there Annie, viruses have always left some people with complications. My elderly neighbour got flu some years back, and after six months was still suffering lethargy and tiredness. The doctor explained that the effects of a virus can last months or even years. Poking a six inch long swab so far up your nose enough to make it bleed can also cross the blood/brain barrier, just ask Silver Tabby, that’s why I will never take the covid test…:018:

This exactly. Scargill, Red Robbo, Brenda Dean, the list is endless.