Type Of Spider

I wonder if anyone can identify what type of spider this is?

It looks like a Giant House Spider.

If it is, they run very fast!
They make me jump when they venture out from the shadows and scurry across the sitting room floor!

2 Likes

Yes it is & they make me jump just by leering at me from a wall. :grin:

1 Like

It’s just a house spider, which is also often referred to as a garden spider. I think they tend to be garden spiders, feel the cold of the night/Winter about them, then come inside to get warm. You can get humane spider/bug removers and just put them outside. My own remedy is WD40 and a mallet! If, one day, that doesn’t work, I’ll immediately do my best impersonation of somebody running like hell!

1 Like

It’s still in the bath, I will get some tissue and pick it up, then put it out the window.:heartpulse:

1 Like

You not using a glass and a bit of card? Personally, the temptation to crush the little blighter and flush it down the pan would overwhelm me if I used some loo roll.

1 Like

do what my wife does Pauline place a glass tumbler over the spider and slip a piece of card under the spider and put him out the garden…problem solved

1 Like

If I see a spider in a bath, I leave a towel draped over the side of the bath so it can climb out - then it will disappear into a shady corner and get busy weaving webs to catch the bugs I don’t want in my home.

I am scared of spiders, so I have to steel myself not to panic when they suddenly scurry across the floor.
I give my house spiders names when I see them - it helps me not to be scared of them. The spider that lives in my bathroom is called Boris - the one which lives in my porch is called Penny - she must be getting bigger because she has just shed her outer covering and left it on the floor.
Then there’s Sitting Room Sally - she weaves her webs all along the skirting board behind the sofa.
I draw the line at Bedroom Spiders - I always try to usher them out if I see them but I don’t go looking for them - the thought of them running over my face during the night gives me the heebie jeebies, so I try not to think of it too much!

The two biggest spiders I have are in the Garage - I call them George and Greg - I’m not sure if they are the same spiders but there has been a spider living in each corner of the garage windowsill for years - they have rich pickings from the flies which get caught in their mass of webs across the garage window.

1 Like

There is that risk I guess, I made sure the spider was ok, I was very gentle with it, next time I see one I will use a glass and card,:+1:

1 Like

Yes, I will do that next time,wishbone, thanks for the tip!.:+1: