Two minutes of terror

The nightmare of everyone who flies .
Those poor people

4 Likes

Horrific. We can only hope that death, when it came, was instant. I honestly can’t imagine it can have been otherwise. But those two minutes :sob:

4 Likes

I was about to type almost exactly the same as you @Bathsheba -
Horrific - my heart goes out to all those who suffered that terrible fate and to their families and loved ones.

3 Likes

Dreadful accident, hope they find the cause, seems they’ve grounded all the 737’s now.
I have never been on a plane & after seeing the plane crash on the outskirts of Staines some years ago, I never would fly anywhere.

2 Likes

Terrible…:frowning:
The aircraft went straight vertically down which seems strange.

2 Likes

So terrifying, so tragic … it happened so quick, no-one stood a chance. :cry:

2 Likes

Awful, awful thing to happen, those poor people

Their last moments must have been terrifying :frowning:

2 Likes

So yet another 737 takes a nose dive into the pages of aviation history. Just when passengers were told the 737 is now safe to fly in … yeah, right🤬

3 Likes

… and China’s air safety record isn’t exactly pristine either.

3 Likes

True, but why are the 737’s engines so far forward on the wings that they need special programming to maintain horizontal flight?

2 Likes

No idea. Ask Boeing why the plane was designed like that in the 1st place.

2 Likes

This is the reason I’m terrified if flying. I always think of the horrendous fear the poor passengers must feel knowing they are about to die. Omg doesn’t bear thinking about. Awful, just awful and terribly sad for the families of those dead people :cry:

3 Likes

According to this mornings news terrorism cannot be ruled out because the accident has aspects which accord with a bomb. Ie sudden lost of electrical power to their ID broadcast and rapid descent.

4 Likes

Some thoughts for you dear lady LQ.
I know this crash was a terrible event - these things are. But a little perspective. Flying is one of the safest mode of transport, maybe the safest.

For just UK alone there are 1,500 road fatalities every year.
For the world it is 1.35 million.. That’s almost 40,000 a day every day.

Now that’s terrifying.

2 Likes

Ah, there may well be many more car accidents, but you stand more chance of surviving a car accident than when in a plane plummeting down from the sky.

1 Like

If it was a bomb wouldn’t it have been blown up in mid air? The footage I have seen is that the aircraft came vertically down intact until the last 3,000 feet.

2 Likes

Yes there are even more accidents but the stats I gave are just the deaths rates.

Which is why I never really take much notice of their pre flight safety blurb . I am pretty fatalistic about it I either make it or I don’t .

How the hell would I know? I am not an expert on aviation terrorism I can only report on what was on the news this morning which was that terrorism cannot be ruled out. Perhaps it was a tiny bomb?

It’s not a 737 Max which is the grounded one.