Twitter expected to accept Elon Musk’s bid to buy company

Interestingly, the high tech stocks also fell. Electric vehicle companies’ stock also fell by about the same proportion. Either they’re saying that the sale of Twitter affected the entire market (which would make it noteworthy) or the drop could be in line with other declines.

In the longer term, Tesla is going to need a megaphone to get the industry to move. Tesla has had its problems with local governments and other governmental regulations.

The US Presidential election, and by extension, governmental regulations, is determined by the media. Despite having younger candidates with more popular ideas, the media pushed Biden in the last election. That was a function of who owned the large media outlets.

If any industry wants to move ahead, they need a media platform. Bezos bought a newspaper. But newspapers are losing relevance.

The risk with Musk buying Twitter is that it could go the way of MySpace really quickly. But no doubt, Twitter played a big role in politics and the election of the President.

Your own figures don’t support what you say, a 12% fall for Tesla, 4% for the rest of the market is hardly a comparable fall. Nor were the other electric car companies of the same order.

Nevertheless the tech market has fell like a stone

OK, I considered 9.5 and 8.7 in the same ballpark as 12.

Evidently, you don’t see them as comparable.

This has Friends Reunited written all over it. :smiley:

A 25% difference is the same ballpark? I think not.

Don Jnr and right wingers see giant leaps in Twitter followers after Musk bid was accepted | Daily Mail Online

Or this
(60) Elon Musk Successfully Acquires Twitter, Then Trump Makes Stunning Revelation - YouTube

I don’t play crypto. I don’t even like fiat currency other than for short term holding. I like and deal in real things. Gold is always good.

Elon Musk’s plans for twitter. Privately, sources say that he plans to lay off employees, monetizing tweets and adding subscription services.

Publicly, Musk says that he plans to loosen content moderation. (loosen content moderation? how loose could it get?)

The public and private statements don’t match up that well.

This Twitter deal is getting weirder all the time. In his SEC filing on Thursday, Musk wrote that he’ll be accepting money from Saudi Arabia and Qatar for the purchase price.

Musk has said that he wants Twitter to be a beacon for free speech, but Saudi Arabia and Qatar are not the places where free speech are big rights.

The source is Buzzfeed so take with a grain of salt.

Probably because of the Twitter deal, Elon Musk is getting more scrutiny. Reading the whole story makes the claim look a bit more dodgy. The story is told through a “friend”. Musk says there’s another side to the story saying that it’s a politically motivated hit piece but doesn’t respond further. The person who is making the claim is bound by a non-disclosure agreement. A SpaceX Flight attendant is claiming that Musk sexually harassed her.

Musk is asserting that he has the right to terminate his acquisition of Twitter. Whether he does or not will probably play out in the courts, but that’s his assertion to try to get some leverage on the deal that he’s hammering out with Twitter.

This is interesting…I wonder why he is suddenly backtracking from this deal. Something isn’t going to plan and he doesn’t like it.

1 Like

I don’t think he ever wanted it and anyway he couldn’t afford it.

Musk is still squirming and still trying to get out of the deal to buy Twitter, a deal he could never afford.

It seems a bit of way down the line to be backing out … I wonder if they’ll sue him.

Was the Twitter deal just an excuse for Musk to sell Tesla stock? (something he promised not to do)

Twitter is like a dog with a bone and is suing him for all the money.

1 Like

Good - I hope they succeed! They guy is an idiot who doesn’t know his arse from his elbow. Not a person to trust.

Two weeks after Elon Musk bought Twitter, he’s now warning of possible bankruptcy of Twitter while senior execs leave the company.

Musk seems to have a knack of throwing away vast sums of money on stupid products. Hyperloop seems to be a great success too