Twitter expected to accept Elon Musk’s bid to buy company

Musk ain’t Stoopid, he paid for Twitter in Bitcoin.

Musk sold about 17.6 million shares worth more than $15 billion in between April and August in connection with his Twitter purchase. After the November sales, he has about 446 million shares of Tesla left, excluding his stock options. That is roughly 12% of Tesla’s stock outstanding.

He also sold another $3.95Billion more recently.

This is the bloke than said be would be the last out of Tesla Shares, it has been speculated that he offered to buy Twitter so he had an excuse to sell overvalued Tesla shares but he caught himself out and had to go through with the purchase.

Remember this is the genius that came up with the “hyperloop” and when that proved to be a complete flop came up with the tunnels to relieve traffic congestion in Los Angeles he built one about a km long (you could walk quicker). The computer generated graphics were the best part of it.

See the problem with this design?

The reality - traffic congestion in a tunnel at slightly less than 200kph

CBSNews suspended its Twitter feed on Friday but resumed on Sunday. They were concerned about the security of the site.

Elon Musk allowed Trump back on Twitter. Now Musk is trying to shame Apple for pulling their ad dollars off Twitter. I wonder how this will play out?

Jim Carrey announced his departure from Twitter today. There are a few other celebrities who have left the platform as well. Judging by the ugly comments Jim Carrey is currently getting for nicely announcing his departure, it’s probably a good thing that he’s leaving.

From Jim Carrey:

I might not be great at quoting Twitter, but Twitter posts used to show up much better before with more information.

Here’s an article with some other celebrities that have left Twitter. From Vulture magazine.

Musk claims that Apple has threatened to pull the Twitter app from its App Store. Perhaps Musk should not have tried to shame Apple for pulling its ad dollars. lol

Google Play is also watching Twitter closely.

In other Twitter news, Twitter is no longer enforcing its Covid misinformation policy.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/29/tech/twitter-covid-misinformation-policy/index.html

Maybe Elon Musk will aggregate all the crazies on Twitter, then Apple and Google Play will shut down the app, and everyone else will go to Bluesky, a Jack Dorsey spin-off of Twitter. (Jack Dorsey was the creator of Twitter. Bluesky is his new project app.)

Interest payments on the loan Musk took out to buy Twitter are now coming due. Musk could sell more Tesla stock to cover the payments or bankrupt Twitter or use Twitter’s limited cash reserves. Not sure if refinancing the loan is an option.

It makes me wonder if this is a deliberate strategy to close twitter down.
It provides a voice for the stuff the MSM aren’t allowed to report, some bad and some good, but very dangerous to the establishment on occasion and the WEF etc…
It would create far too much resistance if it was closed down through the law, and it’s not how the WEF do things. They sway public opinion and let the people do the policing…Think net zero and vaccines. Most people have been convinced (wrongly) that they can save the planet by purchasing an electric vehicle or turning down their heating, and just look how the vaxxed turned upon the unvaxxed, even members of their own family. But I digress…

By whom? Musk took out the loan knowing that interest would be due on it. The people making the loan couldn’t know that Twitter would be in financial trouble when they made the loan or they would not have signed it.

Musk can shut down Twitter if he chooses without defaulting on interest payments.

The only deliberate strategy was to allow Musk to take money out of Tesla while the shares were still at an overinflated price. He put $70million in and so far has taken $40 Billion out. Most people go to gaol for a fraud like that.

1 Like

I don’t have any hard facts butterscotch, but it’s how society seems to work these days. If they want something to happen, they make it look like the people wanted it to happen.

A bloke’s got to earn a living Bruce…

Some guy I followed on Twitter (the creator of Discourse) just left the Twitter platform. I wonder how many others are doing the same. His tweets were legendary.

There are comings and goings all the time on twitter butterscotch…I think its been better since Elon took over.

1 Like

Better for some maybe. But lots more goings than not.

This was back in Nov/Dec 2022

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/twitter-lost-users-elon-musks-takeover-where-they-go

Then this forecast

Wow! Somebody has really got it in for twitter butterscotch…What did I say about the establishment wanting to rid itself of this perpetual thorn in the side…Did you think the establishment wouldn’t do such a thing, did you think that the establishment always has your best interests at heart…They are the biggest conspiracy theorists of all, and have the resources to make you believe almost anything…
:open_mouth:

Still don’t know who this “somebody” is. It’s clear that people are leaving the platform, people that I’ve chatted with before, and they’re taking their audience with them. It’s not hard to believe, having seen people I know with huge followings leave the platform, that others have as well, and others will follow suit in the future.

Did you know that Donald Trump was rumoured to return?
And the bloke who worked on the MRNA vaccines, Dr Robert Malone has also been reinstated.
You should hear what he has to say about the vaccine…
So a lot of people who were banned are now returning…And the truth is coming out!

1 Like

What a great move! Jumping on a sinking ship. /s

Maybe that’s why people are now leaving.

1 Like

More layoffs at Twitter - 50 more people laid off. According to this article, headcount reduced by almost 75% since Elon Musk bought Twitter. Some of the people laid off were those responsible for keeping operating systems running.