TV series books

Just having a clearout recently and came across several book that accompanied TV series from the 70s and 80s.namely civilisation Kenneth Clarke,life on earth David attenborough,cosmos Carl Sagan,the living isles peter Crawford.just wondering do they still do this when a TV series is made.the books are hardback and superb quality,some of the pictures in them are amazing

1 Like

Yes often they release a book with a series, I’ve got a few cook books from tv series.

I’ve also got Cosmos by the late Carl Sagan and The Ascent of Man by Prof. Bronowski. I think the TV series’ are based on the books, not the other way round (at least the more serious ones are) and I feel that the series’ are designed to dumb down or make the subjects more accessible to the general public.

The Pillars Of The Earth… Ken Follett.

Watched this series some years ago always promised myself I would read the book.
Excellent so far.

They made the first book of the “Earth Children” into a film. (clan of the cave bear) there were rumors of the rest to follow but it’s been years now and nothing has appeared. Pity, I’d love to see the rest done too. I wonder who would have played the hunky Jondalar… :smiley:

Longfellow, The Pillars of the Earth is my all-time favourite novel. I’ve read it twice. You’d think the subject of building a cathedral would be tedious, but the characters and storyline, together with the brilliant historical element to the book is fantastic. Strangely, I never saw the TV series.
A marvellous book.:cool:

Hmm got me thinking now :blush: