Tumble Dryer recommendation

I wondered if anybody subscribes to Which?

I’d be very grateful if you’d see what tumble dryer comes out tops.

My Hotpoint has just stopped working. I never liked it & will never have another Hotpoint…

1 Like

Never use one they take loads of electricity

4 Likes

Some information is freely available:

There’s a mass of facts. Here’s a brand list:

Let me know which brand you’re interested in and I’ll use my membership to search some more … :+1:

Thank you Omah.

I have no brand in mind. (just not Hotpoint) I am looking for a condenser dryer - the cost to be about £250 - £300.
If you could find me the top most reliable brands in that price range I would be most grateful.

Here are all the condensers:

I supose if you have no garden to dry your clothes they are a necessity .

I use a clothes horse most laundry days (or an “air dryer” as they seem to be called now). It takes a bit longer I suppose, but it’s free all the same :+1: Just another idea if you are cutting down on costs.

1 Like

I use a clothes horse in winter if it’s wet but the clothes line otherwise .

1 Like

Clothes horses are for tents:

:grin:

2 Likes

Thank you Omah. I’ll go for the Indesit then. :blush:

1 Like

Here’s the review:

I don’t think l would invest in an Indesit product but maybe they’ve improved over the years?

I have a Siemens tumble dryer but only use it when needs be.
I prefer and love to see washing blowing in the wind and in the fresh air. I did recently buy a Brabantia Lift O Matic rotary washing line.
It’s wonderful and you can nearly push it up into the sky! :laughing:

1 Like

Art I think Indesit have improved a lot over the years. My Indesit dishwasher is 12 years old & still going strong.

I decided on this one because it’s basic - that’s what I want. I’ve found a local supplier & am going to order if tomorrow.

I like the sound of that Brabantia Lift O matic rotory washing line. I need one of those too…

2 Likes

AFAIK, Siemens don’t do condenser dryers - their top heat-pump dryer (No4 in Which) is:

I do not subscribe to Which, but I can recommend my Hoover Heat Pump Condensing Tumbly. They are not cheap, but they are miserly with the leccie. Mine runs at 750 watts maximum compared with the usual 2,400 watts of a total loss drier. It has an exceptionally large drum so dries quickly and economically when it’s hissing down. I would never go back to a standard drier.

How much? Wow!
I bought my Siemens tumble Dryer in 2009 and it was £399.99.
I bought it because it had a 5year guarantee. It has a’B’ rating.

Carol, l suppose it’s not like you have a big family living with you, so the Indesit will suit your needs.

1 Like

Yes and since my energy bill has doubled, I’m going to use it as little as possible. :blush:

1 Like

I have ordered my Indesit & OMG I love it!!

It takes me back to my first tumble dryer 50 years ago. Just a dial to set the time & a cool & hot switch that you control yourself. No more silly programmes that don’t know what they’re doing & sensors that turn off before washing is remotely dry. It’s just so simple but has the advantage of being a condenser.

I trust in the Which report. Thank you Omah for finding it for me.

1 Like

Blimey … that was quick … :open_mouth:

I’m pleased you like it … :laughing:

Which? has been indispensable to me over the years - it’s saved me money but, better still, has enabled me to select goods and services based on other factors, too … like quality, reliability, support, etc.

:+1:

V bought a Blomberg when we moved here. Cost about £250. It’s working fine.