Tucker Carlson Out at Fox News

Fox News announced on Monday that Tucker Carlson has left the network effective immediately despite no prior indication of his departure.

Tucker Carlson has been at Fox News since 2009 and some might say he was the face of Fox News.

With the Smartmatic lawsuit following on the heels of the Dominion settlement, more changes might be in store for Fox News.

Some info. on possible reasons Tucker Carlson may have been let go.

Tucker Carlson is facing a lawsuit from his head of booking at Fox News accusing him of promoting a hostile work environment. In the lawsuit, Abby Grossberg alleges that Carlson used vulgarities to describe women and made anti-semitic jokes. She says that Carlson had a picture of Nancy Pelosi in a swimsuit on his office wall.

In an odd twist, Don Lemon, a major anchor on CNN, was terminated from CNN on the same day as Tucker Carlson, with no explanation from the network but it looks like it might be for the same thing - misogynistic treatment of women.

People are still in shock about the terminations, but the firings of Tucker Carlson from Fox News and Don Lemon from CNN have the possibility of changing the political landscape.

People are in shock about Tucker Carlson leaving Fox. Some are speculating on his political career.

Hi

Neither heard of either of them.

Someone just as odious will take his place.

Apparently Fox on air staff get paid a lot more because New York hates them.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Rolling Stone reports that Fox News has a file of damaging information on Tucker Carlson that they will reveal if Carlson goes after Fox after his firing.

Two dickheads on US TV sacked on the same day by different networks

No idea who Tucker Carlson is
 I don’t think he is aired here

1 Like

Tucker Carlson made a cryptic video that he sent out on Twitter following his departure from Fox News.

It had a “I’m the only truth teller” vibe that comes after most free speech complaints.

Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon have both hired the same entertainment lawyer to represent them regarding their termination from their networks.

No nor me but Media Watch is just that, a program that watches the media, it was more the repercussions that interested them rather than the dickheads the yanks watch on TV

1 Like

Tucker Carlson’s Twitter video got 57 million views in less than a day. By contrast, Biden’s announcement that he’s running for President only got 42 million views in the same time period.

To be fair, Carlson’s departure was completely unexpected while Biden’s announcement was totally expected.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3975690-tucker-carlson-video-nets-57-million-views-in-less-than-24-hours/

Ratings at Fox News on Tucker Carlson’s time slot have been down substantially. But Fox News has survived and even thrived after controversial firings so it could happen again.

There are reports that the other hosts at Fox News are afraid of being fired, but I’m not sure anyone cares enough to fire one of them.

Fox News tells Tucker Carlson that he violated his contract.

On Twitter, Carlson new show has 85 million views.

All the more reason that Fox News will pursue the beach of contract suit. It is some element of proof that Carlson violated his contract. His viewership on Twitter didn’t start from scratch. It’s from his previous gig and is using the same material.

Do you think Tucker Carlson should be silenced and not allowed to have his own show ? Is that what you mean ?

lol I personally don’t care what he does. But it looks like he signed a non-compete contract that he’s violating. The time to contest a binding non-compete clause is when you sign it, which he did in 2021. Fox News will probably be suing him on that.

I don’t think Fox News will have a leg to stand on, they got rid of him.