Trying to adopt 'new headphones to TV's

In the olden days I could purchase a set of headphones with their own stand that was plugged into an electrical source and an audio input on the TV thus enabling me to walk around freely with a radius of maybe 15 feet or there abouts hands free and cords free. When I had finished I simple placed the headphones back on stand/cradle and they would recharge their rechargeable batteries. Oh joy of joys - NOT anymore!!

now I am sold a more expensive one and told the old ones don’t exist anymore [don’t believe that] and this one is associated with google C5291 bluetooth headset. it comes with headband but no base and requires me to be linked to the internet and log in my internet provider name and password before it will function - all I wanna do is to be able to walk around the home with my little pinnifore on dusting the orniments whilst listening to the many utubes provided on this good site - life is getting more complicated not less I fear? - any suggestions apart from the rude ones??

1 Like

Having a look at what is available, it seems that even headphones are being extraordinarily over-priced.
Some are selling for $6000.
Best bet is to go to another store and ask for wired headphones (still available) that will fit your laptop?

Yea I figured that would be the direction to take eventually once I find my camel and take a days trip outa this one horse town of mine!! - I suppose I could by them via the mail? the guy who sold me my original is selling up so cut back on everything - what a world we live in heh?

Indeed. But I recently bought Philips headphones for my MiL which still have a base and I hope they’ll be OK. She hasn’t used them yet but customer reviews were mainly positive.
Why don’t you just return them if they don’t meet your needs?

theoretically possible but difficult to explain why not without exploding into my weekly life style!!

@bret I’ve never come across all that faff for linking something. All of my Bluetooth connect via a linking setting such Add a Bluetooth device and the search finds it and then the linking happens on my command.

I have rather old tv sets which don’t seem to be able to handle all this bluetoith stuff - so I think the headphone mechanism is fine it’s just that the tv’s can’t handle it - it would seem they need to be bluetooth?

I have a neighbour just 10 doors away with the same problem, so for her I found a setup that plugged directly into the TV’s headphone socket and she was well chuffed.

yea must try to go back and get some older style sets they worked fine - plugged into audio socket of tv but enabled me to sit out on the front porch with just the head phones on and no wires attached . many seem to have stopped selling them now in our smaller towns but I’m talking 6000 popn or thereabouts - can expect them to stock everything. The new set seems to be controlled by google and its entourage!!

1 Like

This long range one has a 3.5mm jack to connect the base station and its in stock.
Amazon.com: Sony Wireless RF Headphone 150-Foot Range, Noise Reduction, Volume Control, Voice Mode, 20-Hr Battery Life –NeeGo 6-ft 3.5mm RCA Plug Y-Adapter for TV : Electronics

thanks for that LD will look into it - need a long range from you to oz! yea that’s the style I once had before they finally disintegrated !! - never mind all this blue tube stuff

LD you couldn’t do me a big favour could you? with the headphones I purchased came the tiniest instruction manual I have even seen one and a quarter inch wide and 2 inches long - heading “C6291bluetooth headset instruction manual” and even my largest magnifying glass can’t put a dent in it -
I have searched the net fairly extensively and cannot find it replicated anywhere that I can either download it from or just read it without straining. Any chance of you just trying a quick search yourself see if you can find one over there - it’s chinese in origin but I’ve never seen them minimize stuff this small?

ta Bret - owe ya one

@bret I’ve tried all the manual download sites and unfortunately your C6291 is not listed🤷‍♂️ All I can suggest is that you contact the retail supplier as they have a duty to ensure all is of a merchantable quality and that would include the usage instructions.

thanks LD good point there see what I have the energy to do!! - sometimes its just fighting the demons heh?

1 Like

I finally managed to read the instruction sheet with two pair of specs on and my magnifiying glass - it was as I suspected - designed for use with bluetube tv’s only and not older styles that are not! - I can use the headphones if linked by a lead but not walk around the house style. I wasn’t smart enough shopping or thinking that’s all and have damaged them mildly now so really can’t take them back plus lost the recipe - nothing is going right atm!!

In that case, you want something like this :point_down:

2in1 Bluetooth Transmitter Adapter Audio Receiver for TV Speaker Headphone UK | eBay

thanks for that I will look out for it here - hate buying by international posting!!

1 Like