Tripod heads

Over the years i have collected a few tripods and tripod heads be the fluid head or pistol grip or geared typeds.
One issue is the thread size linking both head and tripod together . Some threads are 1/4" and others 3/8" . so in the past have bought one or these

does the job of reducing thread size but tends to lock up under the tripod head and the devil to remove usually having to use grips

So just bought and should be here tomorrow one of these instead to see it it is any better.

unnamed

The manfrotto 055xprob head I want to put it on as it can be fixed by 3 retaining screws undenearth

What I really want to do is put on this fluid head by anorher make , a lot cheaper than the manfrotto version and saved from a scrap tripod but the fixing thread different size

When the new part arrives the manfrotto tripod is absolutely rock solid against the lighter portable other ones so this combo should be a lot better. the manfrotto version i have is the old one so manfrotto don’t make heads for it any more

ok bit over the top?? why 3 heads?

the small one for lights

one to do videos
and the other camera videoing how to

Actually I have managed to salvage a head from a scrapped tripod and been waiting for the new part to arrive

That would make a good name for a camera club :grinning:

1 Like

@ You’re right! It does.

I saw the title … :rofl: :rofl: … and never imagined it was to do with screws and rivets and stuff.

1 Like