Travel to India from £440

Typical male reply tut tut… if you can’t afford to go …you probably know what I’m thinking :thinking:

you being female must know the me a mere male, has no idea what a lady might be thinking

1 Like

I know full well the importance of having adequate travel insurance, after what happened with my mum in September 2012.

1 Like

Oh dear Jazzi I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to stir up old memories

Xxxx

1 Like

If you had a stroke or heart attack you would not be able to fly home; and who would pay the hospital bill?

i have already answered about a friend who had a severe stroke, it cost him £1000 i can aford that from what i saved over the past 18 years, get off my back, its optional and i chose not to

1 Like

India, the only place you can be slapped in the face with a Chapati. :rofl: Got no wish to go there with the stink of curry everywhere. makes one want to heave. Jjust think of all those cows allowed to wander and foul up the streets

Please don’t be sorry Ripple. She is on my mind every single day, and I always think about what happened then, how I could have done better. I wanted to stress the importance of taking good travel insurance when going abroad.

Realspeed, i dont know where youve been but its not like anyplace i have been, what you call curry i have never seen, at least not in India, and certainly never smelled it… but your right about the cows but they are holy animals to the Hindu, and yes they pop up in the most unlikely places, but they all belong to someone, they are milked every day, and yes i remember how foul it smelled on my first three week visit, but i never notice any smells since that first visit.

You must let the negative thoughts go ….keep your mum’s memory alive with the happy times you had together…it’s what your mum would want. X

I know, but I still feel guilty, that I should have done more. I know whatever I’d have done wouldn’t have saved her. We were on the ship, it was early in the morning, and she had already had the sub arachnoid haemorrhage so the damage was done.

Thanks. Xx

1 Like

Yes Jazzi, just keep her in your heart, she knows you loved her, dont feel guilty, we all feel that when we lose someone, feel we could have or should have done this or that…just try to remember the fit strong version of your loved one, she will be with you forever…

1 Like

You’d have loved the Roti and Curry I bought off a street stall just down the road for a couple of Ringgit then

Not to mention the sticky rice and coconut that came with it

I can hear your mouth watering from here.

1 Like

funnily enough most of my peers wont go near the street guys, but i am ok, there arent many in my locale but there is a van with a chef, its not the other way round…lol hes employed, it sits in the middle ove our village and i used to go down and get stir-fried chicken with egg-fried rice, it was quite expencive for street food but i think he only made it for me, he had a fork for me and a plate…lol… it cost nearly three quid

Even the smell of curry makes me want to heave my guts up

funnily enough i have never and thats not ever smelled the ‘curry’ smell in India, trust me there are lots of ‘smells’ but not that smell…
anyone who enjoys ‘that’ curry should buy ‘Madrass Paste’ from the super market, it lasts forever in my fridge, and i only use it in second day mince, you can add half a teaspoon of the paste to the mince or whatever you want to ‘curry’ then add another then another till you aquire the right taste for you, someone requiring a cooler taste you can take out their portion and add more paste to suit your palate…

As much as I love street food (salivating) I’m a tad cautious.
I’d be more concerned about my backside watering several hours later.

1 Like

A very good point Chilli, is it ok for me to be so presumptuous?..lol
a good friend a very long time ago suggested i should start my acclimatisation by using the tap water to clean my teeth so thats what i did, and i have never had Delhi Belly, tho sometimes i am jealous of those who have it…lol… they lose half a stone overnight… i used to start my trip by drinking a laughty, i cant spell as you have no doubt previously noticed, its a milky kind of drink, i used to go on the beach on day one [i am there for almost 180 days] but on day one i would go to a beach shack and ask for one, until one day the boy asked did i want large or small, i had never previously been asked, so being a glutton i asked for a big un, i then focussed on the sea to see if i could spot any Dolphins, he placed my drink beside me and left, i turned to find a large bottle og Kingfisher beer… at ten in the morning… lol, i of course drank it, but i never asked again as i feel my gut is well acclimatised now…

1 Like

I don’t think you’re being presumptuous at all.
Most people that travel don’t (I imagine) have the time to acclimatise, some years back a friend of mine signed up for a so called adventure holiday in Egypt.
The bloody idiot scoffed some street food from a vendor the afternoon before he was due to fly home. Suffice to say he didn’t have a pleasant journey…nor did anyone else that used the toilet!

yes mate, tweekers as longstayers call them, should take great care every step of the way, when i first came it was for three weeks many moons ago… i was a couple in those distant time, it was the other end that i had a problem with, a runny nose, one of the waiters suggested i visit the chemists, the young lady there gave me two tablets and a glassof water and suggested i take one now and the second one later, she charged me about twenty pence, my dripping nose had ceased to drip halfway back to the hotel, about five minutes, and that was it sorted…a big problem in the bad old days was ice, lol, yes ice in the tropics… the bars made ice cubes from tap water… another problem was salads, washed in tap water in the kitchens… this no longer happens, the last thing restaurants want is you to be ill and to stop eating, so they now no longer use tap water unless it is to be boiled, consequently the cost of preparation goes up so do drinks ect…i bought a presentation bottle of old monk dark rum for four pounds, in an ordinary bottle it costs two pounds… so direct your feet, to the sunny side of the street…

1 Like