Travel to India from £440

Adverts? How much you getting!

Yep, it might be worth adding some context to your post @Crabby

Lol, what i get is a nice tan every winter, and no rhematic aches nor pains and when i come home after five and a half months i usually have about two grand more than i took…
great food [pork chops and chips…lol] … any questions message me…

1 Like

You’ll have to tell us more Douglas :smiley:

Do you go every year? Do you use the company in the image you posted? Do you go with family? Alone? Are you volunteering to accompany someone if they decide to go? :lol:

yes i have gone for the last 18 years, i have used A I several times, i am booked with them to fly out in October, if you are willing to fly from Gatwick you can fly direct to Goa, but this year i will spend a few hours in Delhi airport… but you can use Skyscanner to get a flight, then when you get to Goa you have a choice of north or south, north is like Blackpool and South is like Devon, i go south, i am not a tourist, i just live there i have a basic room with a small kitchen and a wet room… i mostly eat out and dont travel far, but i have a friend in Chennai where i generally visit for a couple of weeks, she is also my dentist…lol…if you are a beach person you can go lay on a bed and have breakfast…lunch… then dinner, while watching for Dolphins and whales, the dolphins are i think mamals and the whales are Russian women in bikinis…lol… sorry ladies a wee joke…i take a firestick loaded with IPTV and watch whatever tv i wish, my only problem is evening kick offs are in the early mornings there about 1.00 a.m. the Goan people are lovely christians, but still lovely…lol… you can pay £600 a week for all inclusive at a five star hotel or go to the other extreme as I do and pay the same £600 for six months rent… if you need any more PM me

1 Like

Cheap at half the price!

Not sure if you have already, bu you should definitely post a thread with photos! I am sure lots of people will be interested :023:

1 Like

I used to take photo’s, but rarely now, and surprisigly no one is interested, i cant believe it
if you were interested then get in touch and i would help you all i can

1 Like

Rip off Australia. I just paid $3100 (£1550) for a return flight to Alor Star in Malaysia including a domestic leg. The trouble is Qantas dominates the market and the other airlines just price things a couple of hundred bucks under the Qantas price.

I have travelled with Air Asia, they are OK for short flights but there isn’t enough room for my knees

Even worse travel insurance was $500 for three weeks!

1 Like

i cant even imagine what travel insureance might cost to go to India for six months, i dont get any, years ago a friend wanted to come with me, but I explained doing a long-stay is way different to a three week holiday, so i suggested he book a package first. so thats what he did, i collected him from the airport and took him by taxi to where he had booked and we agreed he would try to manage alone, and so thats what he did. in the middle of his stay he phoned me ‘Doug, i’m ill’ so i asked him what he might do at home, he said ‘go to the doctors’ so i told him to do just that ‘I dont know how to’ how do you get to the beach i asked him, he was quite old, the same age as me…lol… anyway he said ‘i have a taxi driver who waits for me every morning and takes me to the beach’ so, i suggested he get into the taxi and just ask the driver to take him to a doctors…’ but but but what if?’ listen pal just do it, I will pay whatever it costs… he phoned me an hour later "you owe me 100 rupees [thats about a quid] and that includes the pills’…so with the amount i have saved i could get a heart transplant…you can get your eyes done for around £700 per eye… years ago when i lived in southern India i got one eye done but it was in a very posh 5star hospital it cost me £1000 but i thought that was for both eyes, the doc said i will see you again next year…lol…but i never went back…but… i am sat here typing without glasses… so no i dont have travel insureance, if its anything serious i will fly home…

What if you had an accident leaving you needing air Ambulance to get you home ?

what ifs… what if the plane crashed, would my son get the return fare refunded

That’s not sensible …people do have accidents abroad

a friend had a bad stroke and got taken to hospital in the golden hour so got injection that saved paralisis… it Cost £1000… but he had been going for twenty years… i have been to hospital several times… do you have any idea what insureance for an 82 year old man going for six months might be?
lets put it this way if i couldnt go without insureance then quite simply i wouldnat go…

As I’m not 82 or a man the answer to your question is no.
I still believe travel without insurance is unadvisable even more so at a mature age.

and i agree…lol… but as i pointed out i couldnt afford to go if i needed get it…

Typical male reply tut tut… if you can’t afford to go …you probably know what I’m thinking :thinking:

you being female must know the me a mere male, has no idea what a lady might be thinking

1 Like

I know full well the importance of having adequate travel insurance, after what happened with my mum in September 2012.

1 Like

Oh dear Jazzi I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to stir up old memories

Xxxx

1 Like