Trailing plants

I’d like to hang a few trailing plants from my new trellis.
Except for minature ivy I have no idea what plants would be suitable.

Any help & suggestions please?

1 Like

I have a trailing hydrangea that grows up my fence, I also have clematis, beautiful flowers, which can be grown in shade - semi shade…you could even grow roses up them Carol…they like plenty of sunshine…good luck.

Clematis are beautiful climbing plants but they need deep shaded roots to grow well.

At first I thought of a climbing plant to grow up it but now I’ve decided to hang a few small plant pots on it containing trailing plants.

If I don’t like it with pots of trailing plants I will remove them & replace with climbers.

I really just want to know what to put in small plant pots that will trail?

images (2)
download (2)
Verbena comes in various forms and some are really good for pots…
Most of the colourful plants will not like the cold weather…Winter time could look a bit bare.
Trailing Fushias and Trailing Geraniums,
Bacopa is a favourite of mine…
that is a photo of one of mine…
Could use some artificial plants in the cold months…

Yours look lovely Dianne but I was thinking of evergreen really. There’s ivy of course but what else?

It would be nice if I could find a small evergreen that flowered at some point in the year…

Hard to go past Jasmine, grows like mad over a fence or up a trellis and smells absolutely beautiful from a mile away.

my garden i have a trailing clematis plant stays in bloom all the year round this is how it looks now

flower

I’m thinking of that in a tub, the sweat peas are obviously gone over and wondering what to plant in its place.

I went to the Garden Centre this afternoon & came back with ivy & grasses.
I will probably swap them for a climbing clematis or rose later on but it will do for now…

I have a beautiful evergreen ivy ,Carol, the leaves are beautiful, I can post a pic if you like?

Yes I’d like to see it Pauline…

1 Like

It’s gone crazy this year, I can’t remember what the ivy is called, Carol, sorry.

Another variety.

They both grow very quickly.

That’s lovely Pauline but I don’t think suitable for my trellis! :grin:

1 Like

I have another variety starting to grow up my trellis,it only went in this year in window boxes

Virginia creeper is also beautiful when it changes its colour in winter to a red.

Virginia creeper isn’t evergreen,Carol, loses all its leaves,:grinning:…let us know what you decide to plant?

I’ve added a few more hangers. I think I’m going to leave it like this for the time being. :blush:

1 Like

You could have something like this but seperate pots.trailing geraniums and fuchsias

1 Like