Tour of Britain cycle race 2018

Ok, I admit I am not normally into cycle races although I know a few of you are. I have just found out that stage two on Monday, will in fact be passing right past my front door.

I stood and watched it last year (a different route) and was surprised by the number of police outriders before they arrive. When they do arrive, it’s all over in a few minutes.

I’m hoping to get a few pics.

Here too LD! Going up the Gorge I think.
I don’t know why they can’t cycle around a track to find out who’s fastest though.
It seems to disrupt people’s lives.
Sorry, being grumpy but I do get fed up of cyclists riding two or three abreast in groups so you can’t pass them.:frowning:
I might get a photo or two if I see them on my way to my blood test. :wink:

I shall be out cheering them on when they pass my Road ,Stage 7…

The roads will only be closed off around here for an hour or so but I think parking has been restricted.

That’s the Nottingham area I understand.

Thats right LD look out for me , if its sunny i shall be wearing my straw hat , and a lime green top .

I will do. I will wave at the tv.

Look out for me too!
I’ll be the one gesticulating! :twisted:

I wonder where your at,it goes through the pannier market here.

From my bedroom window.

They’re hete tomorrow noonish I think.

Don’t blink or you will miss it. :wink:

ITV4 are showing the race live every day for the whole route, so once it’s passed, get yourself indoors and watch the repeat on ITV4+1. You might see yourself.

Just as our house came into view though, the camera swung left slightly so we couldn’t see us waving out of the window.

I was considering going outside but there was an elderly woman leaning up against our door and I was worried she would fall in. :-p

This should give you the times TessA. They are pretty accurate although a few cyclists fell before the official start this morning so they were delayed by about five minutes.

Fabulous shots LD,
Our Council has given a Yellow and Green colour code to put up and support , And old Bikes painted Yellow are popping up along the route, as well as Yellow Ribbons tied here and there ,
I shall take some photos soon before the Bikes mysteriously disappear .

Its good to support Sports of any kind and with English and Welsh Riders doing well in the Tour De France , its going to be a good race …
Pity Mark Cavendish is not riding …

It did look strange seeing them go through the market but interesting. Apparently the riders were not expecting it.

My question is, did the team cars go through as well or did they go another way.

This is what you will see during stage 7 ,

a couple more

Thanks Eliza. Yes, shop keepers have done similar displays here too. I remember last year they made a real effort too, only to get completely blanked b the TV coverage.

Im sure the Cyclist in the race will appreciate whats done …Unless they are use to it and blank it all out …

I like seeing the field displays that are put on in France …

Oh dear! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-45414022