Tory MPs plot to bring back Boris Johnson with vote this winter to sack Liz Truss

Disgraced Boris Johnson could return to No10 in an astonishing plot hatched by warring Tory MPs. Twelve plan to submit no-confidence letters in Liz Truss – set to become new PM on Monday – and want a leadership vote by Christmas.

The rebels claim the current Foreign Secretary she is the WORST person to take on the top job.

As removals men today continued to load up the PM’s possessions, one top Conservative said: “MPs are ready to put letters of no confidence in as early as this week. Liz Truss is not very bright, has poor judgment, little empathy with people and sees everything in money terms. In the worst of times she’s the worst possible choice for PM.”

The plotters are keeping their identities and communications secret because if they were unmasked they would lose the Tory whip and could not vote in the leadership challenge they are trying to arrange.

Ms Truss will begin her premiership with a majority of Tory MPs against her. Only 113 backed her in the final Commons vote compared to 42-year-old Mr Sunak’s 137 and 105 for Penny Mordaunt.

And even MPs who are not part of the plot are now suffering buyer’s remorse at the PM’s ousting and predict he will back.

One told the Sunday Mirror: “He’s the only person who can keep the red wall together. I expect him to be PM again before we go to the polls. And if he isn’t and we lose then he’ll be leader immediately afterwards.”

It’s not often that I agree with a Tory but I’ll make an exception for that comment … :037:

3 Likes

If Tory MPs dont support the decision of the Tory membership who have voted Truss in, doesn’t that leave their own constituency positions as potentially untenable?

“MPs are ready to put letters of no confidence in as early as this week. Liz Truss is not very bright , has poor judgment, little empathy with people and sees everything in money terms. In the worst of times she’s the worst possible choice for PM.”

If that is the case, it begs the Questions -
How did she end up as one of the top two choices, in the votes cast by all the Tory MPs ?
And why do the majority of the Tory membership seem to be voting for her?

1 Like

Is it because they’re also not very bright … :047:

1 Like

Its like sitting watching a tidal wave coming and unable to intervene being a voter in this Country now. How on earth have we arrived with a Country of many ,million adults, approx. 358 Tory MP’s Did we end up down to these two

3 Likes

There is, obviously, the other unmentionable elephant in the room relating to her opponent.

Kazz, lt does make you wonder.
I think the ones that voted for her were either, hypnotised, drugged, blackmailed, or threatened!
No one in their right mind could promote her, she is just awful and l can’t look at her.

4 Likes

Oh God, she’s won it …she’s our new prime Minister

1 Like

Not yet. The queen has got to sign it off. There’s still hope of a major technical malfunction on the old helicopter/car fronts.

I feel ill…

1 Like

That’s great news. Give it a couple of months and you’ll feel old, destitute, hungry and cold too.

2 Likes

I do not want to see dodgy bojo back anywhere near Downing St. But, I think Truss is merely the sacrificial lamb anyway.

2 Likes

I think I agree a little like May a short term PM although I have to say Labour have no real contender they seem to be sitting back waiting for Conservatives to fail rather than them step up and try.

2 Likes

Yes scary…very disheartening I think this is what our Country has come to.

1 Like

Have to see what happens now… Where are the politicians you can think “wow will be alright”

seems like an unseemly early chrissy pressy heh? - we just got rid of one ourselves!

Hi

This is not a joke,it is really very serious.

We have people who rely on electricity to keep their kids alive at home.

It has now become unaffordable for them to do so.

This is now not a Country I can continue to be proud off.

We have a saying in enforcement, beware the average person, when you lose them you lose everything.

This is when the Enforcement Officers walk away and join the protesters.

Then things get into real trouble.

It is something to be avoided, you do not want to be around when that happens.

this is turning into an agatha christie novel!

Hi

Yep Gumbud, but this is not a place you want to be in.

You can push, you can shove but when you lose your Enforcement Officers, that is the beginning of the end.

When they start going sick and not turning up for their shifts, that is the time to take notice.

Unfortunately some of our Politicians are so arrogant they fail to understand this.

If they change sides that is when to remember they are basically highly trained thugs

We are not anywhere near that yet, but there are an awful lot going sick.

I say give Truss time to get over the number 10 Downing Street threshold.
I don’t believe the country would be any better off if Johnson had remained head honcho.
It’s quite right Truss mightn’t be in residence this time next year as there may well be a 2023 General election.
Personally I’d rather Sunak

1 Like