Tory MP Chris Pincher resigns over groping allegations; Tamworth by-election will take place today

In a statement, the Tamworth MP said he was “truly sorry for the upset I caused” and would co-operate fully with an inquiry into his behaviour.

He also said he “respected” Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend him.

Mr Pincher said: “The stresses of the last few days, coming on top of those over the last several months, have made me accept that I will benefit from professional medical support. I am in the process of seeking that now, and I hope to be able to return to my constituency duties as soon as possible.”

I wonder what he means by “professional medical support” - chemical castration … :question:

Worse, or at least as bad as Andrew Windsor.

The allegations stretch back more than a decade.

Mr Pincher - who represents Tamworth in Staffordshire - says he is seeking professional medical support and has no intention of resigning as an MP.

He did not respond to the BBC but denied the allegations to newspapers.

The allegations reported in the Independent, the Mail on Sunday and the Sunday Times include three cases where it is alleged Mr Pincher made unwanted advances to male MPs, including in a bar in parliament, and in his own parliamentary office.

No official complaints were ever made.

Bad news for BJ … :069:

That’s a Tory for you, not content with groping just one Geezer! :icon_wink:

1 Like

Bit of an unfortunate name, really…it isn’t one to forget in relation to this particular story… :thinking:

1 Like

Apparently:

The Mail on Sunday has been told that in 2020, Mr Johnson told aides: ‘He’s handsy, that’s a problem. Pincher by name, pincher by nature.’

:wink:

1 Like

How good is the bloke at doing his job though?
Okay, so he touched up a couple of MP’s, so why didn’t they give him a slap and leave it there?
It’s not like he stormed into the Ukraine or anything is it…

“Touching-up” is against the law:

How sexual assault is defined in law

The legal definition of sexual assault in England and Wales is when someone intentionally touches another person in a sexual manner, without that person’s consent.

The Sexual Offences Act 2003 says that someone commits sexual assault if all of the following happens:

• They intentionally touch another person.
  • The touching is sexual.
  • The other person does not consent to the touching.
  • They do not reasonably believe that the other person consents.
  • The touching can be with any part of the body or with anything else.

I’m surprised at your blase-ness! Nobody is allowed to go around “touching up people”. If he had done it to your daughter, would you be so casual about it?
These people are in positions of power, and it seems to be all in their pockets :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We have a similar situation with the SNP leader in the commons. Maybe not quite so serious.

2 Likes

IMO, just as serious … and now, apparently, the police are involved:

Update:

1 Like

Apparently it wasn’t two MPs it was two young lads.

I found this guy on Youtube…he is a little eccentric, a University lecturer, and speaks a lot of sense.

2 Likes

He didn’t do it to my daughter Pixie otherwise he would have been taking his food through a straw…
:boxing_glove:

Hi

My understanding is that the two men he groped on this latest occasion were not MPs but young staffers.

Totally unacceptable ans the matter should be investigated by the police.

1 Like

From my experience of universities a life time ago, most lecturers were more that a little eccentric. I think being in that environment most of the time probably. induces eccentricity

Pixie I think majority of people will agree with a lot of what he says, but there’s no answers. It’s all very well keep on bashing Boris and can assure you he definitely wasn’t my first choice as leader. I stopped voting or taking any notice of politics years ago, because none of them could be trusted and I said to myself that I’d never vote again until they’d proved themselves to me, not just making empty promises. The only reason I took notice again was because of Brexit and our politicians would have nowhere to hide.

If anybody thinks Keir Starmer will be any better, more fool them. If there was an election tomorrow and Boris was still the leader, I’d vote Tory, because all of his faults which there are many, I trust him more than I do Keir Starmer. And I’d say that others are of the same view otherwise Labour would be way ahead in the polls which is normal for midterm polling, but he’s not. And the two recent by elections were such a low turnout and I think that’s the message that should be taken notice of, people are disillusioned with politics altogether and all the bull poop from both sides. It was the same during the Brexit debate, it’s all about manipulation and hoping the electorate are stupid enough to go along with it.

2 Likes

I appreciate you taking the time to watch the video, @wendeey I do think the guy is a conservative supporter ( assuming this from just one video, yes I know) but just not a fan of Boris and his ilk.

Personally I don’t support Labour either - at least not the way they are now. Possibly back in the day when they really did stand up for the people, but I fear that no party anywhere, gives a hoot about the UK & its residents anymore.

Agree so much with this yes :+1:

2 Likes

The problem is for the Tories is who would take over from Boris. I take a dip into Conservative Home every now and again and it keeps changing they are as confused as the rest of us. At the moment it’s Ben Wallace, that’s probably due to the war though rather than what he can do for the country, but I don’t know enough about him to really comment. Cameron came from nowhere so maybe there is somebody in the background we don’t know about, but I think Cameron was even worse than Boris for lying, he really is manipulative and Tony Blair was the same and I think if Labour get in he’ll be the one pulling the strings. This is a good article by Andrew Neil:

1 Like