Tory MP Chris Pincher resigns over groping allegations; Tamworth by-election will take place today

oh dear the jackboots have arrived!!

2 Likes

But when you are in government, I suppose you need to behave with extra caution.

1 Like

Surely if he had an ounce of decency he would apply for The Chiltern Hundreds?

1 Like

But he’s a politician and decency is as rare as hen’s teeth amongst the lot of 'em.

His ounce of decency would have prevented him from groping men in the first place, had he possessed it. :102:

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not the first time he’s done this either. 5 years ago he was investigated by an independent lawyer for more or less the same thing. He was cleared but the rumour mill persisted.

1 Like

So, Johnson was aware of the unproved accusations against him before he appointed him, he gets his severance pay and is keeping the whip?

Charming

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/chris-pincher-boris-johnson-told-27372070.amp

2 Likes

As we know, BJ doesn’t do rules or procedures - now that he’s a despot he does just what he likes … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi

I think that some are missing the point.

I consider it to be a very important point.

It is your decision to intake too much alcohol.

It is not a defence or a get out, it is your decision, your fault and you take the consequences.

I have to say now, that drunk or sober, I have never had the inclination to grope men.

I must admit, that as a teenager, I was desperate for a grope of any of the forbidden bits of girls.

I must also admit that I was spectacularly unsuccessful in this respect.

Sober or drunk, no means no, and I had two younger sisters and I treated other girls in the same way that I would expect my sisters to be treated.

Well not exactly to be honest, because I had taught them whilst not every trick in the book, most of them.

What people do when they’re drunk is only what they wanna do when they’re sober, it’s when you see the real them

1 Like

Pincher by name and Pincher by nature, it seems!

As he has admitted to these sexual assaults, I think he should be resigning his MP position completely.

I didn’t read the article about severance pay but if he is receiving any, as a result of his own misconduct, then I think that’s disgraceful.

I do feel there is a lot of cronyism in the current Government.

1 Like

Come on…Who’s not been ‘Groped’ occasionally?
:yawning_face:

That’s not completely true, Maree. I never want to be sick when I’m sober. And whenever I’ve drunk enough to call myself drunk, I have always been sick shortly afterwards. If ever I got drunk enough to grope a man I dread to think how sick I would be. :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :078: :078: :078: :078:

I wonder, if it would have been acceptable if it had been a drunk female groping women?

ok by me.

1 Like

Chris Pincher will sit as an independent after he was reported to Parliament’s behaviour watchdog.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson was under pressure to suspend him from the party after senior Tory MPs and opposition parties said his position was untenable.

Earlier Downing Street had suggested the prime minister considered the matter closed after Mr Pincher’s resignation as deputy chief whip.

But on Friday afternoon, the action was taken after a formal complaint was lodged with the Independent Complaints and Grievance Scheme (ICGS).

A spokesperson for Chief Whip Chris Heaton-Harris said the prime minister agreed that Mr Pincher should be suspended once the complaint had been made.

A government source defended the delay in suspending Mr Pincher, saying No 10 had acted swiftly after the complaint.

Complaints against MPs are examined by independent investigators, who can make recommendations for further action. A spokesperson for the ICGS said it could not provide any information on any complaint for reasons of confidentiality.

The usual procrastination from BJ until forced into a corner … :roll_eyes:

LD please
We have sensitive souls here :slight_smile:

In vino veritas.

Sadly I end up talking to God on that big white telephone I never want to do that again .

Hi

I have an issue here.

Quite a serious issue.

I have had too much to drink on many times in my life, especially when much younger.

It did not give me the right to force myself on others.

I have tried to persuade many females to find me irresistible and to want to have sex with me.

I don’t do men.

I have been sadly disappointed with the female response, such is life, but, and it is a big but, it is her body to give, it is not mine to expect.

Drunk or sober, the situation is the same, if the lady says no, no it is.

It really is that simple.

I guess when an MP earns £84,144. and drinks in an exclusive club he may feel [excuse the pun] he can do as he pleases and sod the people who elected him and pay his wages.

No wonder so many others in this country are rebelling with regards pay increases. This and other incidents of late within the Tory party makes a total mockery of democracy.