Tories quietly unveil 'extremely dangerous' power grab to neuter elections watchdog

• So it begins :scream:

Hi

What they do not seem to realise is that they will not always be in power and some one else will then benefit.

1 Like

Yes, but I loathe the fact they can just bustle in and change laws on the spin of a penny because it doesn’t suit them! It’s ridiculous. :frowning_face:

I created a thread on this last year:

Electoral Commission to be stripped of power to prosecute ……

… after probe into Boris Johnson’s flat makeover

but it’s been archived and we could do with an update anyway, so many thanks … :+1:

1 Like

Hi

This is a Boris thing and he is supposedly gone soon

People have been complaining he has been doing nothing for the last few weeks when in reality he has been working hard on making it easy for his return

1 Like

As indeed have Truss and Sunak

1 Like

Oh it didn’t pop up in the reply box, Omah…I would have just added my post to that, if it had. :smiley:

1 Like

Return to…what exactly?

1 Like

No problem … :smiley:

It was a Bill then and it’s an Act now so what needed to be stopped then now needs to be reversed … :frowning_face:

1 Like

The country is in one hell of a state and the government is sitting back and letting it happen. It will only get worse (unless you are very rich)
if Liz Truss becomes PM.

3 Likes

Bloody Woman, I think she is NOT the one to be PM. I feel she will be a total nightmare and that worries me. A LOT. :scream: :astonished: :slightly_frowning_face: :rage:

3 Likes

She is a face on a stick. A mask. She has no voice of her own, someone out the back is pulling her strings. It’s them who worry me. She came blazing out of nowhere to become one of two people, voted in by a couple of thousand people to “lead” a country of 68 million. Nah…something bigger is at hand here.

3 Likes