Today I planned to watch cricket

It’s exciting.
I score every ball…that’s interesting :grinning:

:grinning:bit of a rhino shortage in Cardiff

1 Like

Don’t blame me for your lack of rhino in Cardiff, I suspect it is the Welsh singing that scared them off

1 Like

True.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with The Gatekeeper.
Just don’t go in there on busy sports days.
Match drawn with Gloucester

1 Like

That’s me in the corner…in the red coat and green hat holding my scoresheet…click to enlarge.

1 Like

I’m guessing you’re the one on the left facing the picture. It’s hard to make out. Still so few people. Is it because you’re early? Do they all flood in when it starts?

Not exactly overcrowded with onlookers in that photo. Maybe everyone else was bored and went home?

The sensible folk are at the other end.It’s warmer!

1 Like

Last day.Always fewer in.
And whoever decided playing cricket in early April was a good idea should be shot!
Folk don’t want to sat freezing all day

1 Like

Oh dear missing all that excitement of the ball rubbing and long run up to throw the ball? there is crowd enthusiasm at its best. :rofl: :wink:

April 18th

Day Two…no play day one
Glam 138.Northants 170-5

Zane Ul-Hassan bowling

The Pavilion

Newport Cricket Club

Is that anywhere near the power station ? :grinning:

Not this one!:grinning:

I once told a friend from Swindon,when Glamorgan were playing at Rodney Parade,that the far end was known as ‘the power station end’.
He looked at me blankly,it having been demolished!
We did the cricket club a favour when we sold the RP cricket ground-although they didn’t think so at the time!

1 Like

Sorry Furryanimal, but that list of players looks like the attendance book from the local mosque…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Northants seconds won by 9 wickets in mid afternoon on the second day of actual play.
Tomorrow the first team in Cardiff with Marnus Labuschagne and Michael Neser in action

Two Aussies both born in SA :grinning:

Yeah…:grinning: