Time To Visit Those Relatives in Australia every Winter?

It might be very Financially sensible to go visiting our Relatives, across the World, in Winter Time?

After all, being able to stop using so much UK Gas & Electricity is going to go a long way towards paying the Air Fares, etc.

Even the Global Warming crowds should be happy that we’re not using all of the Services back here.

The usage of Fuel, for the aeroplanes will be balanced out.

We might even get subsidised, by the Government, to help with the costs?

Will you be going?

:snowman_with_snow: :snowman_with_snow:

I have often considered buying a house in Queensland or NT just for the winter but I think I have left my run too late.

My Great Uncle did this to go and visit rellies in Tasmania. Every winter he jetted off for a few months of sunshine. Did him the world of good, until he passed away (in the UK) at 91.

@Tedc , A good idea Ted, but not if you have a smart meter ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Even my local Golf Club helps out, with this plan, as they have “Country Membership” which , means that you only pay half the normal membership fee if you go off for the Winter!

Nowadays that can be saving not far off a thousand pounds a year!

We are going to Queensland next week .( that is if our covid tests allow us on the plane )
I have the feeling it may be my last visit to Australia
If anyone knows Keezoy who used to post here please tell him to contact me and I will take the painting he liked of the kingfisher and send it it is a gift when I get there

1 Like

I would go in a heartbeat, Ted. Start filling out those subsidies now :icon_wink:.

Muddy, have a fabulous time! I am jealous in a good way! Most generous of you to think about a gift for K, it would be a treasure.

1 Like