Time to start rebuilding my music collection

Years ago I gave all my music CDs to the local library. Now I have decided to rebuild my past memories.
Bought five CDs.
Four of them are “Greatest Hits”…
The Essential Johnny Mathis…40 tracks
Blondie - Greatest Hits… 19 tracks
Little River Band - Ultimate Hits (Original Australian Line up)…25 tracks
Carpenters - Greatest Hits…20 tracks
Plus one that I know the words to every song
Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell…9 tracks

2 Likes

I have four out of the five. Don’t think I remember Little River Band

1 Like

** Help Is On Its Way** 1977

Reminiscing 1978

Got it! Of course I remember them. Reminiscing brought it all back to me. Thanks for that Brett. Great song!

1 Like

Frank Sinatra called Reminiscing the best 70s song in the world.

Sounds like a Challenge Bretick and I have been buying a lot of good con 2nd hand CD’s of late…they are so cheap cheap!

2 Likes

Car boots and charity shops are the place to go,and very cheap they are too.

3 Likes

Here is a great link Bretrick…

The list of artists is good the information is there and photos also, Albums etc all covered to help with your searching for Titles…

2 Likes

I used to have a large vinyl collection, but took up a lot of room. So sold it all off. In hindsight was a mistake as the appeal of vinyl has risen recently
Plus I sold the records for less than I could get now (but who knew at the time).
Replaced most of my records with CDs. New and secondhand sourced from charity shops.
Still have some CDs but have now moved on to streaming. I know you don’t own the music you stream but it’s convenient as I can have my music across several devices and is entirely portable

1 Like

This guy had some music collection.

Floydy

Chatterbox

Nowhere

Floydy is male Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more

01-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Floydy’s All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

No, not just a list…an in depth analysis and hopefully, conversation, about each of my favourite records.

I have a collection of 8631 albums. Some are still on vinyl, most on CD and others have been ‘collected’ via MP3 or streamed for me. But whatever the format, they are my passion, my source of aural pleasure over the past 40 years.

Over the last three weeks or so I have gone right through my collection, which is now housed on a portable 2TB external hard rive device, to collate and eventually place in order of my favourite one thousand albums in order of preference. Therefore, having so many recordings, even the album I am going to begin with in my next post is a good album in my opinion.

And there is where we head next: Opinions.
Please be aware that the albums in this list are only of my own personal opinion and are not me saying to you that they are the best albums. We all have our own personal tastes in music and I am merely offering some of mine.

I’ll be putting on a couple of albums at a time, perhaps a few times a day, to discuss amongst ourselves. Some albums are very famous, others you will never have heard of. They span from 1956 right up to recent releases and many artists will appear more than once.

When a particular post begins to fade out or progresses into member digression, I’ll add the next one. Please respect that it is my thread and if you could refrain from posting your own favourites, that would be appreciated as the whole thing will descend into a right random mess. But by all means, please post any videos which are connected to the album in question - I would encourage that as it’s a good discussion point.

To refresh then, I’ll be starting to post my music in reverse order: No.1000 first, all the way down to my all-time favourite album. I’ll add my own details with the album’s sleeve and a video with info on the release and/or artist concerned. Plus, in intervals of maybe each 50 albums, I’ll post a running list where we are at so far. Enjoy!

No.1000 coming up soon

1 Like

I still have all my records, CDs and cassettes but I wish my younger self had been told, “MP3s and Spotify are coming”

I can play Spotify or MP3s from my server on my TV who’s sound goes through the HiFi and even the soundbar in my camper has Bluetooth so I can play Spotify, podcasts and audio books from my phone.

Technology is brilliant

My only complaint is the “remastered” versions that Spotify sometimes offers. I really don’t care how Ian Anderson made “Aqualung” I just want to listen to the bloody record as it was originally released.

2 Likes

@EZ_Rider, @DianneWoollie, @brokenvows, @Chillie6, @spitfire, @Bruce,

I visited the op shops today. Bargains to be had.
$1 CDs
The Inkspots - American vocal group prominent in the late 1930s and ’40s. One of the first African-American groups to reach both black and white audiences, they exerted great influence on the development of the doo-wop vocal style.
Gene Pitney
Roger Whitaker
The Platters
The Drifters
60s Compilation - 16 tracks
Savage Garden - Affirmation
Smokie - Living Next Door to Alice
$3 CDs
Heartbeat Soundtrack - TV show double CD, 35 tracks
60s Compilation - double CD - 50 tracks

1 Like