Thrilla in Manilla 1/10/1975

Who can remember the thrilla Ali V Frazier, 46 yrs. ago possibly and probably the most brutal fight ever.

Heavyweight boxing which we’ll never see the likes of again, but for me The Rumble in the Jungle was as, if not more brutal……Foreman smashed everything that was put in front of him.

Many had genuine concerns for Ali taking on Foreman, questioning whether he still had the ability to bob and weave the punches of Foreman.

Ali never really had his chin tested, and many said/thought after Cooper he was chinny……And what did he do, and against the then most powerful puncher on the planet, he invited Foreman to punch himself out round after round, punch after punch before KO Foreman, unbelievable.

1 Like

Thank goodness Norman was there to interview him

@marciniak , That’s true, but Ali never seemed the same after that ??
It was probably what caused his disability later !!
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Watch it off and on, Mike has slipped into obscurity, after all is said and done, Google will have Wilder as the hardest Puncher.

There are many I know, including myself will agree you.

Wilder is now not then, Yes a great boxer with a dig, won’t get the recognition he deserves as his era sadly don’t have the kind of heavy weight contenders of yesteryear

When we mention the big hitters, Tyson, Bruno and others are up there too…Who was the greatest ? who had the hardest punch ? who had the quickest hands ?

All have been debated, opinions from respected pundits past and present, trainers, boxers, fight fans even discussed in every pub in the country I bet….and all having different opinions and reasons as to why.

George Foreman has been named the hardest-hitting heavyweight of all time ahead of fellow boxing legend Mike Tyson. ‘Big’ George, 71, captured the heavyweight championship twice in his illustrious fighting career and was widely feared for his destructive punching power.

Foreman fought professionally 81 times and notched up an incredible 76 victories, with a staggering 68 wins coming by way of knockout.

This was from a poll I believe done in 2020…(.Its one I would agree with), next year another poll will be done naming Bruno or …

I agree, the Tyson period was a bit unique in that his reputation preceded him. He seemed to be responsible for his opposition to change their game before entering the ring, thus, they had lost before a punch was thrown, just my opinion, I’m no expert.

I fully agree, your opinion is spot on.