Thousands Of Football Fans, Boo Prince William At The Wembley FA Cup Final

Very true, I do remember but it stands repeating.

You think?

Yes, and an increasing percentage of the population are likewise coming to the same opinion. Too blazes with a hereditary monarchy - republic instead.

Three times in one thread, go get a life.

Aha! you are mr Wind Up Man, and I claim my prize!

I have noticed that the growing antipathy towards the monarchy in the UK appears much more widespread amongst the millennials and onwards than amongst us Boomers.

The word “Revolution” springs to mind!

The “Have”, versus “have not”, gap might well be a trigger

A general strike might be coming down the pike.

They weren’t booing him, and he knew it.
There are always boos at those songs
What Boot posted further up the thread is absolutely right and spot on.
The Mail is total crap.

1 Like

He supports Aston Villa. They beat Liverpool 7-2 a couple of seasons ago.

One word, Hillsborough, which you mention. 33 years and nobody has been held to account.

I am not a sports fan but soccer has to be one of the most tedious sports ever, If I have to watch soccer I prefer the Woman’s league because they play the game better and certainly don’t collapse in tears and pretend agony every time they get near the goal mouth.

Sam Kerr, you’re a champion!

The Liverpool “fans” were 100% responsible for what took place at Hillsborough. They swamped the police presence.

They were not as has been proven .

The probability is that the fans were making their feelings clear as regards the presence of a “royal”. The whole utter BS that the Brit branch of the Saxe-Coburg and Gotha tribe is now being seen for what it is.

I totally disagree. The only open issue is how drunk they were.

They weren’t all drunk at all there were children killed there too.

IN 12 September 2012, the Hillsborough Independent Panel concluded that no Liverpool fans were responsible in any way for the disaster, and that its main cause was a "lack of police control ". Crowd safety was “compromised at every level” and overcrowding issues had been recorded two years earlier.

I wouldn’t put it as high as 100% but so soon after Heysel I don’t think the Liverpool fans were blameless.

Not all drunk, but in the case of an excited crowd of avid football supporters they wouldn’t need to be. As for inadequate police presence, obviously undeniable BUT that would be because the circumstances resulting from the mob behaviour would be unforeseen . Obviously the fact that a Liverpool mob would descending down that street and the behaviour from such a mob was quite simply uncivilised ----.

Tony Evans is a journalist and former football editor of the Times. A Liverpool fan, he was present at the Hillsborough disaster

My opinion remains the same as it did on the day, watching on TV.