Those good old days

No, but I used to have the most ghastly siren hooter on mine that sound like an american police car. I loved it…pretty sure nobody else did…somebody blocked it up with chewing gum - I cried for days! :smiley:

Things stuck in the back wheel of a bike to make a noise were called Spokey-dokes where I lived.

Oh I was hopeless at that two rope skipping, an absolute dead loss! I did used to love the single long rope though, and we’d all line up and have to skip through the rope on one turn each. There was a chant, along the lines of “keep the kettle boiling, you miss a go, you’re out” something like that.

Oh my word - that brought to mind this:

Eeeny Meeny Macker Racker

Eereye Donner Macker

Ali Baba Duke-a Macker

Ooom Boom Skoosh!

Can’t remember what game that chant was for, but clearly it made an impression with me!

A game that I remember was “The Ministers Cat”.

How did you play it, Todger?

[PHP][/PHP]

It was even popular in school though with certain changes as years progressed when a number of variations crept in

Bunch of folk sat around and the first would start by saying "The Ministers Cat is a (word starts with “A”) such as an awful cat, next follows maybe artistic cat and continues until the next person can’t add another new attribute this bloody cat has and gets a penalty point while the NEXT person moves on to “B” to describe the beast.

Then as the contestants get older, the variations start, as the language degenerates, and the penalties change!

Ahhh yes…vaguely remember something similar. Never played it though.

I spy with my little eye…

The one I remember for “dibbing” was,

Eany meany mackaracka,
Rare-eye dominacka,
Chicka pocka lolly poppa,
Rom pom push.
O U T spells Out!

I remember that as well, although I think the girls sang “turn” rather than “go”.

You didn’t go to primary school in Lincolnshire in the early sixties did you?

Do you remember the I Spy books, written by Big Chief I Spy?

They contained lists and drawings of things to look out for and you had to tick them off and say where you saw them.
Some of them were designed to keep the brats quiet on long car journeys.

Oooh Fruitcake, looks like it was translated to Scots then, haha! Also - what is dibbing?

Stuart Hall I think it was.

I clearly remember the ‘Ip Dip’ chant but I shall refrain from typing it. :lol::shock:

Dibbing meant choosing, as in who gets first dibs on something, or who gets chosen to be “It.”

Imprisoned for sex offences. I bet he isn’t laughing now.

Husky-Fusky, aka The Wall game, Polly on the Mopstick, High Cockaloram. We played it at Grammar school until it was banned for being too dangerous.

No, I doubt it.

:shock::shock:…never knew that.