This morning - Flamborough Head

Went for a walk around the Lighthouse and a look at the cliffs - then went down into Selwicks Bay to see the caves before the tide came in again.

Flamborough Light.

light 2

Selwick’s Bay from the cliff top.

F,Cliffs 1

F.Cliffs 2

Had lunch here - best fish and chips ever!

4 Likes

What a lovely place for a day out, Tabby. Lovely pictures too.
Weren’t you lucky to have such a nice dry, sunny day as well.
Glad you got back alright.

1 Like

Very nice.It may be just a coincidence but everywhere you visit always seems to have a good chippy.

1 Like

Perfect weather, perfect scenery, perfect food,…… great photos!

A perfect day out, I envy you Tabby… :grinning:

1 Like

I only go to the very best places, Smiffy! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

I am glad you liked the photos, Mags, and - yes - it was a magic day. It is having a lovely ending as well - one of my neighbours has loaned me a 2x disc CD set of the wonderful Mr Pavarotti - I am in seven heaven listening to him as I type!! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

@SilverTabby - Lovely pics - and a great place for a day out.
It’s years since I was there but your photos have given me the urge to go again one sunny day soon! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you, Boot.

thanks for the piccies, must get out and about

1 Like

Looks such a lovely place for a walk @SilverTabby. Great pics!

1 Like

ST, Even more beautiful pictures! I have never heard of Selwicks Bay but it looks idyllic.
I am never quite sure why people need to go abroad when the U.K. has some of the most beautiful places to visit.

2 Likes

Selwicks Bay is just t the bottom of the cliffs. It has a shingle beach and interesting caves that you can only safely enter when the tide is out. Often there are school parties there to study the effects of longshore drift.

we got too rich and too fancy and wanted to take after those yanks!! so we ditched our own hospitality industries for more guaranteed sunshine and less surly landladies!!! I visited in 2000 and holidayed all over - in Wales one b/b had all their car spaces used up by family members and none available for guests - tough titties eh?? the british at home and at play!

I wonder how many people/families will be holidaying abroad this year from UK even though you are having glorious weather atm. All your hard earn cash will be frittered away into EU country coffers and elsewhere but not UK! Yes I know the landladies can be surly but I was there in 2000 and they had improved imo. Or has the holiday destination trade at home just collapsed completely. So grumble about the economy and spend your money abroad - don’t make sense??

1 Like

Have to say I don’t feel inclined to book a foreign holiday at the moment, with all these flight cancellations we’re hearing about repeatedly. If we go away anywhere, it’ll be in good ole Blighty.

ETA: anyway, our passports expired in August 2020, and we obviously didn’t bother renewing them then because of Covid, and still haven’t got round to it, haha!

that’s the british spirit all right!! love to hear the outcome!

2 Likes