This green and pleasant land

We had another grand day out and about in the land of the Summer Settlers today.

Herriot’s Bridge, Chew Valley Lake. One of our favourite spots, and about ten minutes after we got there, an ice-cream van appeared. Huzzah!

We then headed down to Priddy Heath and parked in a rough layby at the side of the road for our luncheon.

My Lovely Cousin slaving over a hot double burner. Brains, beauty, and bacon butties. What more could a man ask for?

We took a circuitous route to avoid the Pilton Pilgrims swarming through the county for the Glasto’ Festival when my Lovely called out, “Ooh look, a white horse!”

What do you mean, you can’t see it. There, about eighteen kilometres away on the other side of Frome. Bratton White Horse.

Next, we trundled down to the picturesque village of Nunney where I nipped out to have a quick look round the castle, which was actually more like a fortified manor house.

I think it will look quite nice when it’s finished.

A stream running through the village. Note the bullet-proof deer.

Next stop was Bruton Forest for a cuppa.

A hot-dog.

After that we looped back to Witham Friary.

I do like a flying-buttress.

After that we went back to Priddy Heath for tea and cake before heading back home to give the old camper van a well earned rest.

11 Likes

It’s a beautiful county.All that travelling on just bacon butties ,tea and cake too. :grinning:

2 Likes

Bruton Forest looks mysterious, I like

1 Like

Some great shots there. :+1:
You certainly fitted a lot into a single day out. :clap:
PS
That dogs too cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like
3 Likes

We were out and about for around nine hours.