Thinking of changing my camera

A big, big, thank you, d00d, for posting that comparison site. Have decided to go for the FZ82 as it seems to have everything I would need - and it is over £100 cheaper than the FZ330 which is the one I was thinking of buying. I am very grateful for your help. :heart: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Oh I am pleased. I’m good with camera manuals, plus my current main camera is a Panasonic, so let me know if you need help operating it. Stick it on Auto and you can’t go far wrong.

Do you have a memory card? I don’t think that will be included.

And you mentioned a case … ?

1 Like

Am buying both - won’t be until the end of the month though - not too long to wait!

Have you got your new camera yet Tabs?

I saw an out of focus pic you posted on another thread!

Not yet, d00d, my ‘mad money’ account has been somewhat depleted by Vet Bills and Skip Hire recently ! Hopefully end of this month - can hardly wait.

It was a bit dire but the scar was on my left wrist - and I am mainly left handed. Using the camera with my right was not easy.

1 Like

OK.

I’ll post this anyway:

The FZ80 / FZ82 delivers lightning-fast AF that locks onto subjects almost instantly as you depress the shutter button halfway. And when shooting with the lens set to 20mm you can take advantage of a minimum focus distance of 1cm when AF Macro is set, although as you extend the zoom the minimum focus distance increases, to 1.5m at 1200mm.

Thank you, d00d. I have set my heart on the FZ82 - it seems to tick all the boxes I will ever need.

That Techradar page says “Poor EVF”

Electronic ViewFinder … but if you’re like me, you’ll use the rear screen for framing anyway. And when they say “poor”, it won’t be at all bad.

1 Like

Excuse me interrupting, but I assumed you had fuzzed it out deliberately to protect the faint hearted :joy: I was going to ask how you did that too!

1 Like

No, Pixie - it was just ordinary user error! But you can fuzzy things in photoshop.

1 Like

They are called Bridge cameras because they bridge the gap between a compact camera and a DSLR.