Things you used to do that you can't do any more

Yes, I’m sure there is. :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t all get so worried or feel so decrepit … Remember Minx has us all at a disadvantage as she’s not even 50 yet.

Zaphod, l really had to think about this one hence the delay in replying!

Then l remembered one thing l can’t do and that’s thread a needle naturally, l have to use a needle threader.

1 Like

Blinkin heck Minx…well done. I’m not sure i could ever have done that

1 Like

I can’t sit on the floor cross legged. My knees won’t drop down flat anymore and remain stuck up pointing at my ears! I seem to have lost the flexibility in my hips

I’m going to try a bit of yoga to see if I can get it back

1 Like

OMG Minx. You have my complete admiration.

I was going to say: I can’t go out and leave my door unlocked…

On a personal note: I can’t attract the opposite sex anymore. Not that I’m bothered but until I was about 50 I regularly used to get compliments from men etc. I won’t say what the etc is!! lol

2 Likes

I can’t kneel anymore, not since my knee operations. First time I dropped down on my knees after the Ops I thought I was going to die, the pain was so intense I couldn’t even scream. I finally managed to get up and I phoned the Doctor as I was worried, he told me that very few people can actually kneel after the surgery. I was fizzing, as I thought, Well they could have had the decency to warn me about that. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: What makes it even more annoying is the fact, you don’t realise how much you do kneel to do things…Untill you can’t. :sob:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry Rox! :hugs:

1 Like

Awwwww Thanks Minx, I’m used to it now and I lead a pretty full life otherwise. It’s just annoying that I find so many things would be so much easier to do if I could kneel. Not something you really think about, it’s just something that comes so naturally, if you need to get down you kneel.

1 Like

I feel for you…:frowning:
I don’t have a hip joint problem as such but I had a serious problem about a year ago when I couldn’t walk except with difficulty. I’m a lot better than I was but steps are a problem and if I need to kneel or lie on the floor I really struggle.

2 Likes

Add numbers up very fast. :biking_man:

1 Like

Lots if I was to think on… but I think of all the things I do now, that I never done before… :innocent:
I can make a list… :thinking:

1 Like

I’m so glad Rox! The body does adapt!

Big hugs :hugs:

1 Like

Leave her alone Tabby, she knows what she is doing…
:crazy_face:

1 Like

Love your positive thinking Dianne…
:+1:

1 Like

Good to see you are over your C19! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Thanks Tabby, come back stronger than before…
:weight_lifting_man:

1 Like

Hiya sly old grey :fox_face:!!!
Missed you!!!

Nice to see you’re on the mend!

1 Like

I wish I could still skip and hopscotch. It was so much fun :star_struck: my joints can’t take the jarring feeling anymore :pensive:

Having an indulgent lie in. I’ve no idea why, maybe it’s just something to do with getting older and needing less sleep. When I wake up in the morning no matter what ungodly hour it might be there’s next to zero chance of getting back to slumber land…thank goodness for coffee :+1::coffee: